Tailgate Cap

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Toften

Reaction score
Hey all. Two weeks in and loving the new to me 07 Sport Trac. Discovered today that the plastic cap on top of the tailgate is broken and holding on by one clip. I need to replace it before it comes off on its own. When I change one I would want to change the bed caps so the color matches. Anyone know where I can find new ones?

Link below is for site sponsor Fast Parts Network, $63.41 for the tailgate piece. You can also buy them at a Ford dealership. I replaced one on my previous 07 and have same issue on current 08 STA.

The Sport Trac tailgate cap in the Gen II is a Ford Engineering failure. Replace it or try to glue it is about your only option. I will get mine replaced again before the warranty expires next summer. It is also time to get another headlight switch installed- the dash light on the switch is out again. That is another Ford failure for years since the Ranger and B-4000 days...

Latest posts