sync

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob mcarthur

Reaction score
has anyone really tried this new sync system if they have it. i have it in my new trac. how hard is it to fully get it up and going comments.

thanks in advance

Mine is going great. Sometimes with the not so easy to say band names like "Tarja Truennuen" or "Lordi" it get's tripped up, but nothing major. I actually have learned to talk like it does, so it can understand me better, lol.

I get on the fordsyncforum.com and syncmyride.com for more info all the time to learn about advanced features. Some menus are only available through voice commands, such as the "Advanced Voice COmmands" and where you can have her shut up after every button press.

Mine is working great. I was really surprised how far the voice recognition technology has come since the days when you had to "train" them.

No complaints here.

Like swoop said syncmyride.com has lots of good info if you are having any problems.

It's amazing. I have no problems with mine. ALthough I with it would stay on my USB. Everytime I start the vehicle I have to tell it to go to USB again. That's annoying.

For those of you whom like Aftermarket sound equipment like high end amps, subwoofers (SQ & SPL) as well as aftermarket head units, Metra is coming out with an interface kit that allows Sync operation through other HUs. This allows you to customize your ride and retain SYnc.

LikePsycareyo said.... I HATE having to tellit to go to USB everytime I get into the Truck!!!!

Is there a way to set it to go to the last listened to media......stay on USB if it was the last thing I listened to....etc!????

Other than that if you load up your iPod or thumbdrive with a ton of songs it is VERY Cool!!!

I love it. I will go back out and verify but I think mine stays on usb when I come back out and start the trac.

Just went back out and started the trac . . . it was back on the usb. No problem with mine.

Last edited by a moderator: