Sylvania ultra headlights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaninVa

Reaction score
I looked on Sylvania's page the other day and they now have Ultra headlights for Gen IIs. Model H13. I found them at my Wal-mart...$24 each.

Excellent plug and play upgrade. Three years and still bright on my Gen 1.

As with most lamps, don't touch with bare fingers installing. Check Amazon pricing.

Last edited by a moderator:
My ultras' headlights are about 3yrs. They dont look as bright as new, IMO.

My silverstars' in the fogs, burn out every year within 2 months of each other. That is disapointing.

I have a set of the xtravisions, on my shelf for fogs next time. $10 less. Maybe it is the heat from the silverstars.

Over all I like the lighting.

Silverstars saved me from hitting three deer this past year. Picked up those deer eyes far enough ahead to allow me to slow to a safe speed.

I just got xtravision 9007 replacements for my 2002 and they're pretty good.

I think the choices for the 2002 are limited.

Now I am thinking of upgrading the foglights to sylvania 9145ST.

Yathink it is going to make a difference?

I'v had the Ultras in my 2008 STA headlights for 4 years now. I finally had one of the bulbs go out, so I opted for the zXe bulbs. They are a little brighter, but the main difference I noticed was the clarity of the light emitted. They are VERY white with a hint of blue.... perfect, IMO. I just wish they made either the zXe or Ultra, in a H16 for my fog lights!