SWC adapter on 07

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Tassillo

Reaction score
Just had a call from a Shop in Canada who was delaing with a gentleman that i gave some tech info on about adding our Steering Wheel Control Adapter to the new 07 (as noone else has any info on this vehilce) the piece was tested on my 07 and i confirm that it does indeed work. if anoyone else is wondering about how to retain SWC when adding a new headunit let me know as i will pass on the same info.

Does thast mean the steering wheel controls would be fully operable with something like an AVIC-Z1?

I'm still looking for an adapter that will allow me to use an XM satellite radio module behind the dash and receive XM through the AUX on my 6CD/MP3 Audophile radio on the 07 ST. So far, no luck from the usual suspects such as PIO, TERK, XMfanstore, Ford or Crutchfield. All say they're waitinbg for the harness adapter to be built. Any thoughts????

MP Tony,appreciate the info on the AVic by Pioneer,,,,,is that the same adapter I would use on the lower case single-cd plaYer? I have a six-disc/mp3 player from an 06 F150,,,,,,,can you tell me if theplugs from my unit will match, or be compatible?? Any help you can offer would be appriciatted. Thanks, Mark

PRM - yes it will work with the Z1 you can actually get the PESWIPS and connect it behind the radio and it will plud directly into the back of the unit.

Cubber - the steering wheel controls are differient between the 06 f150 and the 07 ST everything else will work. if your ST does not have SWC then you should be fine. also be i know that all Avic Z1's that were manufactured after July of 06 the BYPASS WILL NOT WORK. pionner knows about this and i will be sitting in with them today thru a conference and ill see if i can find out the new bypass.

skip - if your lkooking for a SIRIUS module you can contact DIE they make all the pieces for factoyr vehicles. they hav an application.

at this time we do have the ipod and aux in pieces available for the 07 tracs and are shippping at this time. we will not be making an XM piece unless you use a stnad alone and are only looking to pipe in audio.

I can go with either XM or Sirius. The only thing I listen to is talk radio anyway and both have it. What/Who is DIE?????

I have the PAC SWIPS in my '07 with my Z1 andit works flawlessly. I would have gotten the audiophile or Nav system with the 07 had I not been able to retain the factory steering wheel controls with the PAC unit. It was 70 bucks from Abes of Maine.

My PAC SWI-PS just came today and I paid $60.46 delivered to my door from Sonic Electronix. You might give them a call @ 1-877-BUY-SONIC ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts