Sway Bar?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Borkert

Reaction score
I know alot of people are for the exploerer express rear sway bar but does any one know about the front and rear one from zabteck the addco brand. would it benefitial to have front and rear"?

The Addco #633 Rear Sway Bar is made of heat treated steel and very strong.

Very important the REAR Sway bar is upgraded before the front. (Safety issue)

Many feel the OEM Front Sway Bar is adequate on the Gen 1 Trac's. The Addco #737 is available from Zabteck, should you decide to upgrade it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Addco rear sb. It is a good quality product. I had some lateral movement after the install so I ended up replacing the endlinks too. No problems since.:supercool:

Do they have sway bars for +07 yet?

I don't believe so. And the general consensus amongst most Gen 2 owners is that improvements in handling aren't needed. Ford greatly improved the handling, stability, and safety of the Gen 2 ST with the IRS and stability control (RSC).

I have the front and rear and although I have an explorer 2dr sport, the improvmente is huge. Especially noticeable on off ramps(no leaning). The addco bars are alot cheaper too, and the difference is minimal, like swshawaii sais only 1/8" diff for the rear. Use the money you save for end links. Actually the front comes with new links, so u only have to get the rears.

Latest posts