SVT Raptor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave S 2

Reaction score
Really like this SVT. Gonna have to see one in person to see if I can afford a $40K+ replacement for my ST.

That will be my next truck. It is awesome, and actually not that much more expensive than a F150 FX4. I'd like to buy a decent used one in 2-3 yrs when the ST will be 10+ years old. :(

As soon as the 6.2 L motor is available in the Raptor, I will have a very nice 2008 ST Limited V8 for sale! This Raptor is a must have for me.

I admit I haven't done much research on it, but has SVT ever done anything in the OFF ROAD department before? If not, ITS ABOUT FREAKING TIME!!!

The Raptor is one fine piece of machinery. I'm loving the suspension upgrades.

Isn't it like $10,000 more than a well equiped FX4? That's kind of a lot of money.

I would love to own one for my next truck but I am a little more interested in the street driving since the offroad thing is completely useless during regular day to day driving.

They had one at the MN state fair a couple of weekends ago. Very nice looking truck in person. I ended up bringing one home...The ford area always gives away things, we spent over an hour there and if you drive some Raptor Baja RC cars, you get a die cast car like a hotwheels or matchbox car. We got 3, one for me and 2 for my boys. Last year they gave away camo Ford hats if you had proof you drove a ford/mercury or lincoln. This year we also got decks of cards that have the fusion on them (played 41, like blackjack but we lost, otherwise we would've gotten a T-shirt), a lighted pen that emits a white led light with a blue ford logo in the beam. The ford booth had twice as many people as the Toyota, GM, or Dodge areas, but I've never seen those other manufacturers giving anything away to keep people there.

[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

i could only grab 7pics, it started raining

its a beast!!!

Yea to my surprise there is a Raptor sitting at Oakridge Ford in London, ON (same dealership I bought my truck from).

I was admiring a black 09' STA from the restaurant across the street when my eye caught the BFG ATs through a couple parked F250s. I left the table and ran across the street.

Its even more impressive in person. I was amazed and the stance of the truck. It had a $50,000 sticker on the window and no graphics package.

Not my style either, but those of you in Orlando, they have one at Greenway Ford priced at $43K.

Last edited by a moderator:
For that price I think i would rather have an F250. I was looking at the local dealers F250's in stock yesterday as they were doing the recall work on my ST. If I was going to get a raptor I wouldn't want the graphic on the sides of the bed.