SVT Alive????

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReggieMRegalOne05 Legaspi

Reaction score
SVT Truck project is undisclosed at this moment. Don't we all wish one of them to be the ST Adrenalin? :rolleyes:

SVT’s Renewed Focus

Ford performance arm could be called ‘Segment Vehicle Team’

By BOB GRITZINGER

AutoWeek | Published 07/06/06, 7:15 am et

Ford’s Special Vehicle Team, rumored to be on the ropes as recently as 90 days ago (“Is SVT RIP?” March 27), is showing some signs of life.

During a recent Ford product preview SVT chief Hau Thai-Tang assured us the Ford performance arm is alive and well, employs 60 engineers dedicated to developing SVT products, and is planning for the future.

For now SVT will soldier on with two SVT-badged products—one car, the 2007 Ford Shelby Mustang GT500 now on sale, and one truck. Thai-Tang is not revealing much about the truck, other than it will be based on the F-150 like its predecessor, the SVT Lightning. No timeline was revealed for production of the SVT truck, but it is not likely for the 2007 model year.

Thai-Tang says SVT is expanding, with future product falling into three segments:

Race-inspired performance, including vehicles like the Ford GT that appeal to automotive zealots (hint: If you read AutoWeek, you’re probably in this group).

SVT, the performance division as we know it, making traditional high-performance SVT-branded products such as the GT500 and the next Lightning.

Enhanced performance, offering appearance packages, some customization, minor engine and suspension modifications, and special wheels and tires. Vehicles in this group might not be badged as SVT products, but would be tuned by SVT and use a combination of Ford Racing parts and dealer accessories. Some past examples of this type of vehicle include the Bullitt and Mach 1 Mustangs built using the previous-generation Mustang.

The latter group is the one getting the most attention, because it represents the fastest-growing part of the market and a profitable area not previously tapped by SVT, Thai-Tang says.

SVT also will lend its expertise to other Ford divisions down the road, “but our focus is on Ford right now,” says Thai-Tang. Was Thai-Tang’s use of the word “focus” a hint of future product? Nah.

The guys at Louisville were REALLY trying to get us to plug the SVT Adrenalin to the Marketing directors. They really want to build it, I hope they do!

[Broken External Image]:

Sure, I know Big D....and you get a supercharged price too! I think that most people are simply paying for the badging and the bragging rights, not for any real usable performance boost. But, hey, it's their money, if they want flash and bang, then cool!

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
TJR, I disagree. I think most people will be buying it for the HP and performance not just the badging. If it was just the badging, then I would just buy the badges. I want the supercharged engine, I could care less about decals. I had considered the EE Supercharger on my current truck, but I would rather keep the factory warranty that covers everything (so when something breaks my warranty isn't voided for having an aftermarket Supercharger). I really want the SVT Adrenalin to get built.

Note, djohn, that I did say "most", not all. Yes, I agree some want the added horsepower. But I can't get over the "sticker effect", akin to the ricers that put performance stickers on their cars and do nothing else to them.

TJR

are you kidding? Why would you put SVT on your sport tracs, LOL! hahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahaha WHY?!

Oh and the SVT does do alot more than "stickers"

the SVT ford 150 lightning:

0-60 5.2 sec.

1/4 mile in 13.8

HP: 380hp @ 4750RPM.

Torque: 450 ft-lbs.

And they cost $33k.

My wheels came that way. Mine's not an SVT, but I'm not taking it off my wheels. It's faster and more maneuverable than a factory counterpart, but it isn't in the same league as a Lightning (yet).

MMM, it is the look of the vehicle too, the SVT ST is totally kick ass in looks. I would do what ever it takes to get one. Oh yeah, the SC would be nice too. lol

Duece

karma police,

why would i put svt on my s/t ?, because i can !, lol

it's well worth it with all the questions i get and all the " fibs " i give as answers !

sure i would love to have the 380 hp , but i have my other toys for the " need for speed "