SVT Adrenalin not dead?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Munday

Reaction score
Hard to tell...looks like Ford finally got smart and listened to the customers, <a href="http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=110051" target="top">SVT isn't dead</a>

Like it says in the introduction, there will only be two SVT models, the Shelby Mustang and a performance truck. While I am pleased to hear that a SVT truck will come along eventually, I'm still disappointed that they won't be building more vehicles, at least not in the near future. I think a SVT Fusion would be awesome.

Yeah, the 2nd paragraph threw me off. But what other truck than the F150 would be candidate? It'd be interesting if the Ranger was it. I really would've liked an SVT Sport Trac Adrenalin, but it's dead.

They had a Ranger stuffed with Lightning motor as a concept. I'd like to see that go into production. I believe it was called a Thunderbolt.

SLP Engineering developed the Thunderbolt Ranger in 2003.

[Broken External Image]:

The SVT Lightning Bolt Ranger, which was replaced with most SVT Lightning parts including the engine, was a concept in 2002.

[Broken External Image]:

Time will tell...

Right now, I'm still skeptical at best. I doubt the FX2 will be the new SVT stand in. It's a dress up model. There's no real SVT performance and design cues in it, and it definately can't fill the large void that the departure of the Lightning left, or compete with the SRT-10, or the SRT-8's.

There's really only four base models it could be. Either F-150, Super Duty, Ranger, or Sport Trac. If SVT designs are still reflected by the idea of the lightest weight configurations possible, that cuts out half of the selections right there. If Ford really wishes to attract customers back to SVT's lineup (such as it is) they need to offer more configurations like Dodge did with the Ram SRT-10, ie: super cab, etc etc. Personally, that's why I never bothered with getting a Lightning. I really like it, and it's styling cues, but it wouldn't suit my needs as it's a single cab. The Adrenalin was a great idea. Hopefully, Ford will realize that. Very lightweight, good power to weight ratio, AWD, and the ability to seat 4, as well as SVT's sexy styling cues.