Suspension Superlift 4"

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norman Rea

Reaction score
I think i have decided to put a 4" superlift suspension kit on my 05 Sport Trac. The only issue i have is i want to replace tires and rims and am unsure about the sizes and what they would look like.

Can some one explain to me what all these numbers mean?

Also can other post some pictures of their lifts to see what look i like so i can get an idea of what size tire i want?

Thanks.

Mine isn't Superlifted, I have done 1.25" Torsin Twist on the front, Warrior Products lift shackles on the rear and a 3" Performance Accessories Body Lift to it and I can fit 285/75/16's on it now, just haven't mounted the tires yet.Right now I have 265/75/16's.

[Broken External Image]:

:cool::banana: but I know guys that squeeze 35" tires with the same lift and also with the Superlift kits.

I just did the a TT/Shackle lift and have 275/75/16 Wrangler TD's and the only place the rub is on the sway bar when the wheel is cut all the way. So I'm sure you could fit 35's with 4.25" inches of lift.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah, everything you could possibly need to know about wheel and tire sizing:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=46

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=92

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=101&

I have the TT and Warrior Shackles as well. I have 265/75R16 (basically about a 32 inch tire) and i get no rubbing issues whatsoever.

[Broken External Image]:

With a 4" lift, I'm sure you could get 35's....may require slight fender trimming?

with just a 4" lift and nothing else 35's will not fit. I did a 3" TT and a 3" body lift and my 35" tire's only had 30% tread left when they were given to me. Long story short i had to trim alot of the fender to make them clear. They still rub a little when i brake hard when turning sharp. Friday i am getting a new set of 33's so hopefully no more rubbing at all.

with just a 4" lift and nothing else 35's will not fit. I did a 3" TT and a 3" body lift and my 35" tire's only had 30% tread left when they were given to me. Long story short i had to trim alot of the fender to make them clear. They still rub a little when i brake hard when turning sharp. Friday i am getting a new set of 33's so hopefully no more rubbing at all.

How did you do a 3" TT. I know you can go higher than 2" by getting longer torsion key bolts, but isn't it a little unwise to go higher than 2" with a TT? I am by no means a 4x4 expert, it's just what I've read on various Explorer and Ranger forums...

Norman I have a superlift kit with Coilover shocks for sale. Look in the swap and sell section. I just removed it from my ST. This kit will allow you to run a 33" tire and have a better ride than any ST with a TT. Also if you like to go offroading you wont have your torsion bars hanging down real low catching everything.

Also I would say 95% of custom wheels that are truck wheels (MT, Procomp, XD, Moto Metal, etc) will be have backspacing that is half the width of the rim. I looked at ALOT of wheels recently before making my decision and everyone rim I looked at that was a 17x9 was 4.5-5" backspacing. I also have a set of 17x9 HELO MAXX 6 rims that I also just removed from my ST for sale as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not an expert in this matter but all the suspension lift kits I have seen are for the front only. For the back you can do a spring over axle conversion (SOA lift). It doesnt cost much at all but it involves some expertise and time to get done. I believe it gives about 6" lift in the back.