Survey: Screen Settings

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaRue Medlin

Reaction score
Mine are set at 1024X768, just curious.. my websites look great at 1024 and crappy at 800X600. So I'm just comparing..

1280 x 960 on a 20" monitor. I prefer to keep the 4:3 ratio, simlar to 1024 x 768 or 800 x 600, instead of going with 1280 x 1024, which looks to me to squish things a bit.

1280X1024 - LaRue, the site looks good on mine when I open it. However, I can see the repeat edge of the key logo to the far right. Not really too noticeable though.

Many websites employee a centered table of a width of just less then 800 , and this introduces blank margins to the left and right. This allows them to and optimize that centered table area with all the sites content for a screen resolution of 800 x 600.

It tends to introduce a lot of wasted space for larger desktops, and the average user will have to employe more scrolling because your content tends to be taller than wider, but its a better way to go than to optimize for 1024x768 or larger.

TJR

1152 x 864 as that's the highest resolution my old Samsung CRT will handle at 85hz. My eyes are very sensitive to the 'strobing' that CRT's make below 85hz.

I'd like to upgrade to a nice 20" LCD monitor with less than 8ms refresh rate.

TOM, I build my websites to 800 wide. I just forgot how, till today (found an old template)....;) Now my site SHOULD look good on most monitors......:huh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts