Supreme Court Ruling

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree. An armed society is a secure society. Check the web site of Dr. John R. Lott "More Guns Less Crime" a good read.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
A great day indeed!! Kind of scary that it resulted in a 5-4 vote. I don't have any idea what the 4 are thinking. What kind of supreme court justice a president would pick is one of the most important factors I use when looking at who to vote for.

An armed society is a polite society. Where I grew up, everybody had guns. I don't think anyone locked their houses, took the keys out of their car, and their was almost no crime.

If anyone is up for a little reading, here's the rough version of the decision. It's 157 pages.

From a quick glance through the first few pages, it looks like some of the dissenting opinions stem from a very literal interpretation of the 2nd amendment. That is, ownership of arms is contingent upon membership in the militia.

"An armed society is a polite society. Where I grew up, everybody had guns. I don't think anyone locked their houses, took the keys out of their car, and their was almost no crime."

I grew up in Kennesaw, Georgia. The law states it is illegal to NOT own a firearm. Yes, you read that correctly. Kennesaw also has the lowest crime rate of any city in Metro Atlanta. See the link below. :)

That is, ownership of arms is contingent upon membership in the militia.

Seeing as there really aren't militia's anymore, I run the Jacob militia from my house. I formed it to protect myself and my family. Just like the old militias when farmers wanted to protect their family and crops.

Seeing as there really aren't militia's anymore, I run the Jacob militia from my house. I formed it to protect myself and my family. Just like the old militias when farmers wanted to protect their family and crops.

The militia always exists. It is the people in our society willing to take up arms and fight invaders and/or tyranny.

Don't get the whole carring a gun to protect yourself. If i had to do that i would move in a heartbeat. I think people who carry guns are cowards. and people who shoot people are even more of a coward

But i guess i do live in Canada lol

Bill V - Yes it is.

A quote from the article:

"You can't argue with the fact that Kennesaw has the lowest crime rate of any city our size in the country," said Church

I am quite proud of that..

I'm born and raised in Atlanta and it's not as bad as everyone thinks it is. Any city our size is going to have some rotten areas.. Atlanta really is a beautiful place once you know where to go.. and where not to go..lol

I'm happier than hell about the decision but....don't gloat! The vote was 5-4 and that only goes to show you how important these Supreme Court appointees can be. Who knows what'll happen next time?

So when you vote in November, vote for the candidate that you know will appoint your kind of person to the court.

The only person I've ever known to own a gun was my grandfather and those were Japanese rifles he took back from Burma after he fought there in WWII...they are sitting in the Legion Hall now.

While I agree that a last line of defense is necessary against international invaders, I do not agree that guns are the best way to stem crime in our cities.

Maybe its because I, like Ryan, am from the country to the north but I dont think that I will ever own a gun unless my land, my country, and my family is at stake.

Hunting is not my thing either so count me out.

live and let live.

Latest posts