Supercharger?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taylor Weicht

Reaction score
I think this might have been asked before, but i cant remember. Theres no way to put a super or turbocharger on a Gen 1 V6 without blowing myself up is there?

um... EE does have a kit...

as for blowing urself up... lol if i remember correctly wasnt there like a 3:1 for engines blown doing this?

In a nutshell, the EE supercharger kit adds a little bit of power for a lot of money, if you leave it alone.

People who wanted more power (argh, argh, argh) for their money and put a smaller pulley on the supercharger are the ones who blew up their engines.

At this point however the newest Gen 1 will be a 2005 with 40k or more on it already, so it would probably be a good idea to rebuild the engine before installing the supercharger.

trashed my sons trac with the EE huffer, our fault tho, some of the sixer stangs in my club are getting graet results (tunes have come along way in the past couple yrs)

The entire kit, install, dyno time time, sct etc will run you at least 6K, maybe more.

If you can DIY , the install is pretty simple, takes a day.

IMO, not worth the cost in a 5K lbe trac.

They do sound nice tho:D

I would think the money would be better spent on a V8 swap, as some have done, or buying a second gen. ST with a V8...

Wow, they make a Hummer H2 bolt-on turbocharger package?

Even turbocharged, it's not going to get any better. Why no H1, you know, the hummer that actually was a hummer?

There are 4 GM bolt on kits, 2 dodge (for trucks), and only one Ford kit :(

Wow, the V6 Mustang turbo kit almost doubles the stock torque & RWHP @ 9 psi boost.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts