SuperBowl Trip

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jose Santana

Reaction score
I am leaving tomorrow for phoenix Az for a date to see my Pats destroy the Giants. I have never been to Phoenix and I am going to go to see the Grand Canyon on Thursday, I am going to stop in Sedona and Jerome on the way it is my only MUST DO while there. Any other tips or must sees for my 3 days in AZ?

Joseymack

By the will of the gods if and when the redskins make it to the superbowl... i will be there!

Have a blast!!!! Your going to be watch history in the making!

Joseymack have a great time in AZ. A couple years ago I went to Phoenix with my wife, she had a business conference. Like you my one must do was to see the Grand Canyon. I was disappointed to find just how far away form Phoenix it is but no matter what I was going. I only had one day and I didn't get nearly as much time at the Canyon as I wished but it was well worth it, it is an absolute must see. It is about a 4 1/2hr ride one way from Phoenix. Do you plan drive up and back in one day if so it will be a long day. Is there a particular reason for going to Jerome as that is a little bit out of the way.

Sedona is another must see and while it doesn't lie on the direct shortest route to the Grand Canyon it is not that much out of the way. Sedona is only about 2 1/2 hrs from Phoenix and my wife and I actually went to Sedona for one afternoon and it was amazing. The drive from Sedona to Flagstaff up through the canyon is awesome.

I would make a loop drive out of the Flaggstaff to Grand Canyon segment going to the Canyon via Rt180 and then east all the way along the rim via 64 over to 89 and then back south to Flaggstaff that way you get to see more.

Lunch in Sedona at the Cowboy Club, excellent food and drink. Rachel Ray approved.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Helicopter ride over the canyon - Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters

:cool:

I'd also go check out Hoover Dam and take a tour at the caverns.....link below. Park your ST near the Dam, take some pix.......prob would make a good STOW :)

I moved too soon! I could have tailgated that game!

Have a safe trip! and I'm sorry it will be a wasted trip for you. Since the Giants are winning the Superbowl this year! LOL:D

Latest posts