Super glue on black Sport Trac! Help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Scott...and I never meant to imply that "I am better" than anyone.

I simply don't like to see people recommending lawlessness on these boards. Furthermore, given that these boards are a privilege to be on, shouldn't we expect if not demand a certain level of conduct? Shouldn't suggestions of breaking the law be beyond that expected conduct? Seems only right to me. What if someone started a thread entitled "Let's rape 8yo boys tonight...who's with me?"...would that be JUST FINE too? Of course not. Breaking the law and behaving badly simply shouldn't be tolerated on these fora AND NO ONE should be made to feel bad or belittled for reminding people of that.

Oh, and as for suggestions...I can't think of anything that can get the super glue off that won't also at least take off the clearcoat (whether it be abrasive or chemical in nature), so I agree Adam probably has the right idea.

TJR

RichardL is right...there is no reason to LIE to the insurance company. Just tell them what happened, pay the deductible and go on with your life...without having to look over your shoulder for the insurance fraud police.

TJR

Try wet sanding with 600 or 1500 grit sand paper. feather edge it, then go get u a rattle can of clear coat and re-spray it (only if you didn't burn out into the bare metal/plastic, if you did you need to go get it re-painted if you don't know how to paint yourself) remembering to mask everything off, you don't want overspray everywhere. then get you some rubbing compound, and re-wax the area.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried Goof Off with a cotton swab. It didn't look good after I did that. Then I washed and waxed with NXT. It looks better now than before. In a perfect world it probably needs re-painting but I think it is ok now.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

I reccommend that you mark the date of the incident with the superglue on your calander. You have 2 years to file a claim against your insurance in most states, so if you get tired of looking at the spot or it doesn't look so good to you in a couple of months, you will know all the details to file your claim with your insurance company.

...Rich

Latest posts