Sunroof

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Art Garcia

Reaction score
Ive seen quite a few tracs with sunroofs.

But to me it seems that they arent so common.

In what package or what trims did they include the sunroof.

Anyone know how much it would be to install a sunroof/moonroof on the ST.

or how difficult the wiring process would be.

any complications that one could run into?

Most all Limiteds and Adrenalins around here have moonroofs.

I was happy to finally get a Trac ('10 Limited) WITHOUT a moonroof! Finally a Trac I can sit up straight in without rubbing my head on the the headliner. It was hard to find a Limited without a moonroof, though.

A properly installed roof is no issues at all. I have owned about 10 vehicles, 8 of which have had some sort of a power roof.

I truly enjoy and use mine.

In one case, I went to a salvage yard and cut the roof off of a GM car and installed it onto my spouses Explorer. Never had a single day of trouble with it....

I won't own a vehicle without one if at all possible. It allows light in, seems more roomy and you can vent the vehicle as you desire to.

Sun/moon roof is a requirement for me as well never had one yet that leaked all the way back to my 1970 Duster I have had over 10 with some sort of hole in the roof. Mine is a Limited and I was pretty sure that was part of the standard equipment on the Limited package just like leather interior?

I have always had moonroofs since 1980's. Never have they leaked but I have always bought the factory installed type and not the install it after the sale type. I think those may tend to be problematic if not done right. But noone should be having leaks with the standard factory roof...if so...get it fixed! I love having that option to add fresh air and allow light into the cabin.