Sunroof problem

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Gamble

Reaction score
I had one of the plastic tabs break that helps lower the wind deflector as the sun roof closes.

Went to my local dealer today, they don't sell the plastic clip/tab thingy. BUT, I can buy the whole deflector unit for $233. Nuts!

Anyone had these break before and know of a better way to replace them than changing out the entire deflector?

Thanks!

Larry

PS - I went to a junk yard but they didn't have any Tracs and the few Explorers didn't have the same looking air deflector system.

Which piece on this diagram?

[Broken External Image]:

If it's #4 as I'm assuming, you can get it at Tousley Ford for $52.87. You may also want to check site vendor Fast Parts Network.

You could also probably pull this part off of a '95-01 Explorer, '97-01 Mountaineer or '01-03 Explorer Sport.

Also if you don't care about the wind deflector you can unbolt the other side and just either lay it down in the channel or remove it completely. I did this on my mother-in-laws Chevy HHR, really common issue with moonroofs.

:banana:

I have the same problem. Junkyard is probably the best option. I searched on line but all that comes up is the wind deflectors that you stick to the roof. I'm not paying that much for it!

Hugh, it is part #7 and it is about the same price in fast parts network, well over $200. They do have it for $158 at the Tousley ford website. That still a lot of $$$ for what it is...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone. I've been stopping by my favorite junk yard every couple of days. they got in a Mountaineer with the same clips and I snagged the bits from it. $20 sure beats the FMC price.

I just can't believe a cheap little piece of plastic isn't available as a replacement part.

Done now and my Trac is happy again! :banana:

Anyone know where to get a replacment seal forthe sunroof?

Even looking at the diagram above - it does not look like its shown.

Please help... sunroof stays closed till I find one.

Latest posts