suggested aftermarket speakers

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Abson 3

Reaction score
Gentlemen. Getting a new head unit, sub, sub box, amp and capacitor installed tmw. Want to know what 6x8 replacements you have gone with, and how happy are you with them? I will be keeping the stock amp to power the doors.

The amp I am installing is a single channel, so need to keep the stock amp for the new door speakers, which will come at a later date (this year over 2 grand in truck, wife said enoughs enough :angry:)

Thanks in advance everyone!

Hard to go wrong with Pioneer, Alpine, or Kenwood IMO.

No surprise Pioneer is used in the Adrenalin audiophile system.

Pioneer makes 6x8 3way that fit all 4 doors ( they actually say fits ford mazada nissan on them) and sound great in my sport trac i recently paired them with pioneer double din head unit, pioneer 10" shallow mount sub and pioneer amp and couldnt be happier and the price was nice too

Thanks guys, had the system installed yesterday and it sounds great. Will be a bit before I can go with new speakers, there was some work that needed to be done to make both the head unit fit as well as the new amp. That added to costs, so no spending money for a bit. But will look into Pioneer, especially since the new head unit is Pioneer as well!

I had a set of HiFonics speakers that I put in when I was in highschool and powered them with a 4 channel hifonics amp and one just blew last week! Pretty good life IMO. I just ordered a set of JBL 4-Ways.

Polk, Infinity, Sundown, and RE are my 4 other favorites. I <3 HiFonics though. Best bang for the buck no question. and they're made in America!

I went with a set of 5x7 2 way speakers paired with an amp. The speakers are Alpine type S and the amp I have going to them is a Precession Power (PPI) 440. (4x40). They sound great. I also had a 5 farad stinger box cap installed. I don't have pictures of the speakers, but I do of the amp and cap. I also went with an Alpine 7 inch fold out up front and 2 head rest TVs that are 7 inches also. Eventually, I am planning to stuff 4 10 inch Alpine Type S under the rear seat and mount up my PPI 2400 amp bridged at 1x1600. Pictures below.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Yea, its gonna be a LONG time before I can go with the in-car TV / monitors. One thing I have wanted to do and even drafted up some rough sketches, is throw an Xbox into the mix. Everyone told me that it can't be done, because the discs cant move while spinning, otherwise you either damage the xbox or the disc. No one seems to know you install the game on the hard drive and then the disc just needs to be inside, and it doesn't read off the disc except to see that you have it.

One day, I will do that. Maybe.

Nice set up though. What is that one the right, with the readin of 12.24? Is that a capacitor?

Yes, the one to right is the cap. Most caps look like a bottle or whatever. I liked this one more. Plus will help out when I add the other amp. I have been thinking of the whole xbox360 too, but the way they control heat build up, really sucks. but am sure something can be made to help manage that.

Here is what most Capacitors look like:

[Broken External Image]:

As for speakers, I had a set of Polk DX7's in my 2001 Sport Trac. Used them amplified from 2001 until I sold it in 2006 when I moved the DX7's to my 2007 Trac. They are still rocking today. If they ever give out, I'll replace them with another set of Polks. Have been really happy with them. Not sure what the new model is now though, I would imagine that DX7's have been replaced by something since then.

Here is a shot of my behind the seat box the JDBoxes built for me when I first got the Trac. Mine was pretty early (Ordered early 2006 it and picked it up at the dealer in July 2006) Back then JD lived near me and I offered my Trac up so he could make a template to manufacture the boxes. It is build number 1, so I can only assume it will be quite valuable someday. :bwahaha:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. I didn't realize the caps came square, thats nice. I had to remove my stock amp to make room for the new, and the cap sits under the 40% seat, while the sub is firing up under the 60% seat.

Loving the fact that I can now play on my bluetooth songs on the stereo, thats awfully nice. Plus it reads and responds to texts, phonebook is stored on it, just love new technology!

Latest posts