subwoofer question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Housman

Reaction score
I recently had a Pioneer head unit installed in my truck. My subwoofer and volume controls in the back seat no longer work now. I was told you need a special adapter to make these work. Is this true and if it is what kind of adapter and where can I find one? I'm also looking for some new speakers for my truck if anyone has any recommendations. I'm thinking of getting the infinity reference 6812cf's or Kenwood excelon kfc-x680's. Let me know what you think. Thanks for your help.

Not sure about those speakers. Someone with them may be able to tell ya more. I can say that I put in Kicker 6x8's and they rock! Best thing I could have done. If you are using baseline stock speakers, anything is an improvement. It's just what is in your budget. I got a real good deal for the Kickers and like I said, well worth the money.

What kind of headunit did you have in before? Also, what type of headunit did you have put in? Is it an aftermarket? If so, the stock subwoofer and the controls probably won't work till you get the adapter or figure out a way to hardwire them in. If you went from a stock HU without sub to the upgraded Pioneer HU that came with the ST then you need the wiring harness to get them to work.;)

I installed a dvd/navigation player in my truck and there is a hook up for your steering wheel controls if your car/truck had them.. I am going to try to use those wires to hook up to back. Maybe yours has the same. Not sure. If I cant do that I am going to find somthing else to replace spot with.. to small for a screen tho :(

I had the stock Pioneer 6-disc changer that came with the truck. I put a new Pioneer front loading single disc player in. I bought it at Circuit City and had it installed there too. The flunky there told me that without a special adapter my rear volume controls and subwoofer would not work. Of course they didn't tell me this until after they installed it. He said it is just like the Jeep's with the volume controls on the steering wheel-without the adapter they do not work. I would like to gete my subwoofer working again and really don't want to have to get a new one. I don't know of anyone else who has had this problem.

Jason, I have a DVD with the wiring diagrams on it. The only problem is trying to figure out which wires I'm looking for. I don't have a factory sub in my ST. If you can let me know what the configuration/color of the wires going into the sub, I may be able to match them up and give you an idea of what they are used for. That way you could probably hard wire it and get it to work. As for the rear controls, I'm not sure if you'd be able to remedy that problem. If you want you can e-mail me and we can butt heads and see what we come up with.;)

Jason I work for CCity Roadshop and I can tell you how to hook up the factory sub. Also its not a harness. To make the factory controls work in the back im not sure if you can do that I know you can make the steering wheel controls work with some decks with a part from blitz audio.

does anybody know how 2 hardwire the factory sub on a 05 sport trac 2 a pioneer h/u already have the harness for the radio. but no spot 2 plug in the sub ???????