Sub setups

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's downward firing, and it sounds great. More clean and clear than tubthumping. I still like to hear bass in my songs, and this does just fine for me. Probox makes this box, I found it on ebay a couple of years ago. I also replaced the doors with Polk db's with an amp on them. You should check with our site sponsor Hatchbox, I'm sure they'll answer any questions you may have regarding enclosures. You can get to them by clicking sponsors on the left.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
bass is amazing for 2 x 8 inch subs... just made of mdf filler and then coated in a phino lining type of material then painted to match my TRAC

Old

[Broken External Image]:

Current

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Future.. a better more finished looking center console box.

I also have the rt. rear pass. underseat setup...

Amazing sound for it's size...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Built by JDBoxes when he was still in VA. Awesome sound for the size. 12" Pioneer Shallow mount sub.

[Broken External Image]:

More mounting depth.. I've only heard a couple of the shallow mounts and it was a few years ago and I wasn't overly impressed, they were fine, but not what I wanted..

JD, I like the 'old' setup behind the rear seats, by chance you have any measures/drawings/specs?

Or do you build and sell them?

Thanks

Here's my fiberglass box holding 2 shallow kicker 10's behind the read seats...build pics in my library under sub box 2.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fer: Sorry I don't have anything anymore, all of that was from several years ago and I haven't been making ST boxes for over a year. Hatchbox might be able to help you out though.

Single Pioneer Premier 10" 2-Ohm Single Voice Coil in a [.47] cu. ft. box. being fed 500 Watts RMS.

252d2caa74face6c70c74a00e78ff396.jpg