Sub Box Sale Feeler

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob Dryer

Reaction score
So with the absence of C.Wells I've been thinking about offering to make some dual 10" behind the seat enclosures.

I can only tell you that Rockford Fosgate P1's fit. They are pretty shallow. I guess I could make the same box to fit dual 8's also.

Is anyone interested? Pricing would be similar to C.Wells.

For warning they won't be pretty but my dual 10's sound good.

So like I said it's just a feeler to see if anyone is interested. Let me know. I can take pictures of mine, but like I said not pretty at all :)

I'll have some pics up tomarrow. So if your interested please post here then I'll have a new thread with pics.

Dual 8 or Dual 10 for behind seat, $130ish.. it does require you to remove the storage compartments unlike the C.Wells.

Again I will take pics tomarrow, it will show what I did for the rear compartment area.

Mounting Depth on the subwoofers would have to be less than 5"

Like I said I know Fosgate P1's fit, you would have to check the dimentions on anything else.

The P1's are a tight fit and there is no room to make the box any bigger.

I would contact Rich Stern before going through with this idea. I know C. Wells isnt around much but he IS a site sponsor so you would be stepping on some toes......just my opinion though.

Will do, I'm sure I don't make anything as nice as Chris but again just trying to help some members out.

email sent to Rich, so I'm waiting on a response before I move any further with this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoaxci5 - you might want to talk to Rich Stern first. He is very strict on members, not being sponsors, pushing their products on this site. It's also not fair to the other sponsors that pay monthly advertising fees.

Its also not fair for someone to offer something for sale, and never be able to get a hold of them ;)

Competition is always a good thing. Maybe C. Wells will get his butt in gear if he realizes he has competition.

Its also not fair for someone to offer something for sale, and never be able to get a hold of them

Yeah we understand that. All we are saying is to check with the guy who runs the site to see if it would be ok. C.Wells is a stand up guy. He also has a day job....

Im not trying to take anyhting away from C. Wells, Im sure he is a great person. But he has to understand that people want to buy things.. NOW, not when he has time. It is unfortunate for him to have so little time to make these boxes for people. He can always hire someone to do it? A kid outta school at night or something... But, the point is, if I couldnt get a hold of someone in a day or 2, I would be looking elsewhere too.

He really doesnt need to BE a sponser to sell stuff on the site, lots of people sell and buy in the "Swap and Sell" section all he has to do is list there really. He really isnt taking anything away from c wells by selling on the site either cause he isnt the only one that sells sub boxes for the sport trac. If a RF P1 will fit alot of other budget subs will fit also cause alot of 10" are around that 5.2 mounting depth.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could fit Kicker L7 8" sub for the 8". I would make it a single though. Kicker comps. Fosgate P3 shallow mounts (not out yet). Eearthquake SWS shallow subs. Those are all high end subs that would give good sound.

Oh thats going to be nice. Didn't know about those shallow 10's, man even the 12's would most likely fit (starting to get close on up and down measurement at that point)

So my question is I would like to build a box for behind my seat. I have 2 Infinity Perfect 10.1 (10 inch subs) and two Kenwood Excelon Amps that I need to put back there.

I plan on taking out the whole back panel behind the seat, but it would be nice to know where to start with building the box.

Any ideas.