Stupid politicians...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dingo

Reaction score
I've gotten 7 calls today, 11 total since Friday, from automated calling machines with republican presidential candidates' messages!

Make it stop!

Guess your not on the 'Do Not Call' list ;)

I screen 100% of all calls I get unless I know who exactly is calling me. I get donation/discarded items calls bout twice a week

That's the funny part! I AM on the do not call list.

It doesn't apply, since they're not soliciting money.

I thought it's supposed to stop All solicatation whether money or for other reasons. The only calls I get are for those donation outfits since I donated some stuff a few months back...now they just keep calling to find out if I have anything else to donate.

So far, (knock on wood), I haven't gotten any of those politician calls.....just the junk mail they send in the mail which I mark "return to sender" and put back out in the mail.

you think you have it bad,

my darling youngest, when she got old enough to vote choose the 'other' side. Just so she could get all the info from both sides.

She no longer lives here, nor is she res here, but they still send the crap.

Do not call list does not apply to political elections.

Guess who made this law?

Been screwed again by you public servants.

They will normally only contact registered voters. Your local clerks office gives the political party your information when you register to vote. I expect a lot of junk mail in the next few months, but then it will take a month to get here, so it will just be a waste for them to send it.

Bill Clinton called this morning and my fiance answered the phone. He said to vote for Hillary and then asked her what color underwear she was wearing.

:p

LOL

Stupid Politicians -- That's Redundant.

Rocks

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW I just got a call from Stevie Wonder asking me to Vote for Obama....

no he did not just reach out and touch me.... lol

We got digital phone service a couple of weeks ago and one of the options was to not accept phone calls that have the number blocked. I have not received one political call since we got the new phone service.

I ended up with a total of 28 calls between Friday and 7 o'clock last night. All republicans.

I also have only heard radio commercials for democrats. Strange.

No political calls that I am aware of, even though I know the Republican office has our phone number and address. If an actual person called, I'd probably tell them to go to He** since they can't seem to rectify their anal-cranial inversion problem.

Who's the best 3rd party candidate out their (that's not a complete whack job like Nader...)??

Only one phone call, and it was from the candidate I gave my info to and voted for, so it didn't bother me.

The only politician I recall ever calling me (and I call him a politician because he was trying to convince me) was Matt Kenseth, calling my cell to tell me he would be at the Las Vegas speedway for a race and that I should hurry and get my tickets, so I wouldn't miss any race action!. LOL

OK, here is how you handle the calls from the opposite side, or even your own side if you wish.

Let’s say you are a Republican, and you get a call from someone who is asking you to support their party/person who is a Democrat. You explain to them that you "Haven’t decided" and ask them to explain some of the good qualities of their particular Democrat.

You let them talk and ask some questions to keep them on the phone as long as you can, then finally, you say: "Well, actually to be honest, I thank you for your time, but I am a Republican and to support my side, I have now kept you on the phone for X minutes, by doing this I was keeping you from calling anyone else and thus promoting your candidate. Sorry, but this is how I support my side. I have done this a few times, and I am sure I get put on THEIR do not call list.:D

Dave

Even better yet, if you are a Republican, ask them to remind you that you are not wealthy enough to be a Republican.:lol:

J/K!

Tom

12 calls just at the shop. Hangup within 3 seconds on each. Waste of my time running to get to the phone.

When I get cold calls at the shop. I just hang-up on them now. I don't have to explain why I don't want their freakin product.

Latest posts