Strobes and LED'S

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshua Mercer

Reaction score
To all of you interested in my strobes and LED's check out my library 1 movie is just my front LED's, and the other is of my Front LED's, Strobes, and wig wags. Also have pics of my siren / pa and laptop stand (Jotto). Will add more .. tried to get rear video but my camera is not co-operating. :unsure:

Work.. I do Security (armed) in the ghetto.. and im the regional manager.. The clients love the st because they never see it as a "cop" car.. However my local sheriffs office just bought a bunch of 07 st's.

Wow! Note to others, make sure you don't watch those videos in a dark room, it will hurt your eyes! lol! Looks great!

For whatever reason I could not get the movies to play but I'm sure it looks sweet. I have strobes in the ST as well, some day I will post a vidoe (I keep saying that but never get around to it). Josh I would love to see some pictures of the Sheriff's Office ST's if you should happen to be able to snap some. I am a Deputy Sheriff and have tried a couple times to convince our Sheriff to get ST's.

Thought I was looking at one of those dancing Christmas light displays for a moment!

I need to get the corner strobes working on mine. I'm getting tired of putting that little magnetic strobe on the roof when I need to check the job!

On a side note...

Has anyone put anything on the roof rack? With or without crossbars? I don't want to lose the height advantage when I do get the corner strobes installed!

I like accept the lights at the rear view mirror do not appear to be centered. I assume it was a space/fitting issue but it would look great if you could get it centered.

they are ment to be off centered. 1 for safety.. on the passenger side there is less "flash back" for the driver. Also mounting issues make this an industry norm for interior lights. Alot of DEA, FBI and Local agencies use the Dual Talon and place it on the passenger side off center in thier unmarked cars.

Ill as again what did you use do make the stock lights strobe i would like to do my running lights for construction use thanks in advance

I assume you mean the "Wig Wags" you can order them from Galls.com. or any law enforcement supply. But check your local laws before you use them. Florida Licensed security officers are allowed to have clear, amber and or green. you can also have "rear" facing red lights as long as they are behind the rear axle.. (the tail lights).

awesome man...i too have the LED's / strobe / Wig Wag set up in my S/T...i use it for Fire and EMS though...

j.vocaty...i'm almost positive you cannot run Wig Wags for Construction, wig wags are only supposed to be used on MARKED emergency vehicles...they are illegal for me to use as well even when responding, i just dont get in trouble (at least not yet) for them because i am "in" with most of the officers in my town...i'm sure josh is in the same position...for construction you should just use Amber lights be it LED or Strobe...anyone can use Amber lights as it is the nation wide symbol for Caution...also...on a study about emergency lights, Amber lights were proven best to warn motorists and deter them from the flashign vehicle thus avoiding accidents...that is why you will always see rear facing amber lights on all marked emergency vehicles, i have them on my S/T as well

To make the stock lights strobe like that you have to drill into the light housing and insert a small strobe bulb. The wiring for the strobe bulb runs to a central controller that fires different strobes at different times, depending on the pattern you pick. You can have more than one strobe controller as well. And some of them are independent, and just need a power supply and switch.

I work construction and we use them. As I understand it, we are allowed to use white or amber, but not red or blue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine from a local Truck and Emergency Lighting shop called Stasco. Their website doesn't seem to list it, but it doesn't list a lot of things I know they carry. It was a complete kit with strobes, wiring, controller, and switches. Check the internet for "emergency vehicle lighting" and see what's out there.

Latest posts