Strange but true

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3-day wake for a 24 year old? Must have been (in)famous. Guess he really is an angel now.

Sad, but man oh man does the story have "gang violence" written all over it. Call me a hater for saying what you are all are thinking.

TJR

TJR, in some cultures, three days isn't all that long. For example, Hmong funerals are typically 3 to 12 days long. During that time, the decesased is in the coffin, with the coffin against the wall so that the deceased is "standing". (Or at least that's the way it's been at the two Hmong funerals I've been to.)

I don't believe in the afterlife, but it would creep me out to sleep in the same house as the decedent...must have been a real stand-up guy....:cool:

Years ago in rural Texas a friend's father-in-law died and they placed him in the living room by the front window of his home for the viewing...

I wonder... if they kept him in their living room til' December they could decorate him and arrange gifts around his feet. Put a star on top of his hat..actually scratch that, an angel, and he is all set.

:lol:

STanner, I got rid of the yellow ST back in March 06, lol

I have a 2006 Eddie Bauer Explorer now...but I am close to the end of my lease. Yeah I am still woring out at the airport! Funny enough, last winter, My ST almost hit me!! The new owner slid through the light on airport road and I was waiting to make a left turn. He came right across the intersection in front of me to the opposite corner. I almost couldnt believe I saw my old ST heading at me, lol I stopped and told the guy I use to own the truck and of course to see if he was Ok. I could tell by the things I had done to it that it was my old love....he didnt care...lol

Kinda reminds me of the movie Weekend at Bernies!

It's like these pet owners who have their pets stuffed and in the living room!

But a person is really weird. I guess this is how he got his 15 minuts of fame.

That's so creepy, I couldn't deal with a family member just hanging out standing in a corner like that.

Have any of you been to what used to be the Pike in Long Beach? There was a ride with what I thought was a dummy, turned out to be a real dead person behind a glass case. His name was Elmer McCurdy who died back in the 20's from being shot. Wasn't till sometime in the '70's did they find out this dude was real when someone was moving him and his arm broke off and they found that the arm contained bone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts