Stopping Power

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys looking to up grade brakes. Just say for rite now pads and rotors. Since that's my budget can't go big brake up grade yet. STA with V8 need more stopping power:)

I have the performance friction pads, on my '04. They are a carbon metallic material. The hotter they get the better they stop. $80 at o'rielys. My stock rators were in good shape. Not scared, burnt, worn, warped or cracked. I just cleaned them with a flex hone rotor brush. Installed everything properly with brake grease on the pins and slides.

I have very good brakes. Some dust, but not like the OEM pads.

They feel soft after cool down. After the first 2 stops they get better and better. I will use the PF pads again.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used NAPA Ultra Premium rotors and their Ceramix pads with great success. Those rotors cost more but last a lot longer and don't warp much. The only ones my wife can't kill in a year in her car. The Ceramix pads have good feel and make little dust. Neither costs an arm and a leg.

Many folks here have recommended staying with the stock rotors and upgrading to high quality ceramic brake pads. Wagner Thermoquiet ceramic pads have worked very well for me and others. Changing the discs to get drilled/slotted ones doesn't make a big improvement. Only if you go up to the big brake kit for a Mustang will you see any noticable improvement. This is what I did on my '08. Bob

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
No kit. Rotors from www.brakeperformance.com and had the calipers powder coated by NuGeon Inc. Pads are Wagners and the decals came from Vinzdecals.com. Thats all. Bob

Latest posts