Stopping by to say 'hi'

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenn D

Reaction score
Hi all! Just thought I'd stop by and say hi! Been a while since I've been on the board, and not much has changed. The Tundra is holding up really well. We've had it for just under a year and a half, put 36K miles on it, and have had zero problems.

Still... I miss my Sport Trac terribly. The Tundra is great, and REALLY powerful, but my ST was so much fun! I miss driving it. Either way, what's done is done.

We are planning on going back to a two Ford family again as I am looking to adding a 2011 Edge to our driveway at some point this year. We will still keep the Tundra since it is used to tow our offshore boat, but I need commuter vehicle. Some of you may recall that we previously had a Focus for my long work-commute and road trips, but being cut out of a rolled Focus is not something I want to have happen again. Especially since the whole scenario was because someone next to me blew a tire. Hence, the decision to add a new Edge.

I'm also considering a new Kia simply because I think they did a great job on styling and it's a bit less pricey, but it's going to be tough to tear my heart away from the Edge. It's just too sexy in my eyes.

I hope all is well with everyone here. I'm happy to see a lot of familiar names are still here! Enjoy your ST's. :)

Jenn,

An X-Plan is always available to you if needed.

I was in Florida last December and wanted to give you a call, but I picked up an intestional virus in Key West and I was VERY sick.

Tom

LOL Oh, Tom! I can't drink the water in the Keys without the same thing happening to me! I should have warned you that was a possibility! And no worries. It probably wouldn't have worked out anyway since we were in Arkansas in December digging for diamonds. However, if you ever get a chance to come back down, you and Theresa are always welcome!

I may actually send you an email about that pin number at some point if I can work the finances to make an Edge work. I applied for a promotion at work that, if I get it, may just push me over the last financial hurdle.

On a more interesting note, my friend that you helped a few years back now lives in Cleveland. She is the new NOAA Hydrologist for your region. I'll have to let you know when we come up your way!

Thanks again!

hey jenn,

glad to hear everything is good.

"The Tundra is holding up really well. We've had it for just under a year and a half, put 36K miles on it, and have had zero problems."

did you expect anything less......:grin::driving:

"

Hey Jenn,,,

Nice to see a name from the past. Hope all is well with you.

I get to Florida often, I should find you.. Hmmm

Hi Jenn D. good to hear from ya...

I'm still using the parts that you gave me.

You're the BEST...

[Broken External Image]:

rob

Jenn.

Hello. The '07 Focus is still running strong. Other than a few nits, one of the best vehicles I have owned.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, everyone! I sure do miss lurking around here often. Work is rather hectic, and with the boat, my weekends are quite full. I'm also coming off a pretty invasive, but successful surgery. So, I'm thankful to be back into the swing of things.

Gary - Doesn't surprise me at all... :driving:

Coastie - You're always welcome. As I will continue to say, this site will always be family to me. :haveabeer:

Rob - That's a great looking ride! Glad I could help! :supercool:

TJR - I miss my focus! It was a zippy little car! It was actually the first small car I've ever owned too... Sadly, the accident really turned my brain off to wanting to drive a small car again. Either way, I'm really happy to hear yours is holding up well! I think when mine got totaled, I had 36K miles on it, and it was in great shape. :banghead:

Well, I'll have to make it a point to come around more often. I sure do miss the "discussions" and lively debates. LOL

Latest posts