Stop Foreign Aid to Pakistan NOW - End Diplomatic Relations Now!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Rogers

Reaction score
That's the way I see it. They want our money and our military aid, yet they declare their country "off-limits" to any future raids by us to stamp out terrorists.

Yet, clearly either intentionally or through corruption or ineptitude they are (or have been) harboring terrorists.

So, our aid isn't helping them be more effective at keeping their country free of terrorists. They aren't allowing us to help.

Easy solution. They are not a friend, they don't get to share our lunch.

TJR

End aid, sure, but not diplomatic relations. I think diplomatic relations should always be on the table, especially with the worst of the countries.

I agree with you.

It simply kills me to see / hear the amount of money we give to countries that really are our enemies..

Hugh,

I agree on the diplomacy point, but think there are different types of diplomacy. Time for some "tough love" diplomacy. No money, no negotiations..."this is what we are going to do next" types of notifications, then, once we get things in order, THEN we can get back to more of a partnership.

TJR

Well, I also find it difficult to justify giving money to your friends, neighbors and enemies when you're falling into bankruptcy.

Some big Pakistani general is supposed to be briefing our military and intelligence officals to explain how they could have possibly overlooked bin Laden, and never became suspicious of this huge compound with 12-18 ft walls topped with barbedwire.

I have heard that the Pakistani's have arrested the contractor who built the compound...I guess they will be blaming it all on him??

I think we have to remember that if Pakistan had given up bin Laden, and arrested all the other terrorist in their country, the US would probably stop paying them since we no longer needed them as an partner against terrorism....Now it seems that we never really needed them, since they were trying to play both sides of the fence.

I think we should have given Pakistan the same ultimatum we gave the Taliban in Afgahnistan.,...Give up bin Laden, or we will come in an get him and you !

...Rich

Well, I also find it difficult to justify giving money to your friends, neighbors and enemies when you're falling into bankruptcy.

Oh so true, how the hell are we able to send money to so many countries when we are so far in debt to other countries ourselves, doesn't make sense, JMHO.

Our country has gone to :soap: while we help other country's out that hate us and harbor terrorist.

:angry::fire::smack::soap:

TJR said,

Time for some "tough love" diplomacy

AMEN!!

CJ said,

It simply kills me to see / hear the amount of money we give to countries that really are our enemies..

AMEN!!

Hugh said,

AMEN!!

I cant top those sentaments....:banghead::fire: