Still working on truck, need help!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Caffyn

Reaction score
Hey y'all, finally got the NAV system in, with a back-up camera included. Now I need help with disabling the DRL's on the truck. One website says its in the logic of the computer and a VCM2 scanner should be able to turn them off. Another site talked about a module(under the hood somewhere) that would need to be disconnected. The truck originally came out of Canada where DRL's are mandatory. Had the truck at the dealer for some stuff and they told me, as per Ford, they cannot disable them. My local mechanic used his scan-tool and couldn't find anything to turn them off. Sooo.....any help/suggestions??

Bob, I'm not able to help your exact situation. I installed a used factory OEM NAV into my 2007 Trac Limited two weeks ago. The difference is the EBay seller programmed it to my VIN. It works perfectly.

What I'd like to know is what did you use and how did you hook up a back up camera into the NAV? Does it come on in reverse or do you have to manually switch it?

Good luck in programming. It's complex as you're setting the options to talk to the CANBUS system.

There are vendors on EBay that you can send the NAV to that will program the unit for you, again using your VIN #.

Latest posts