still need ideas on cruise control please

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy Prescott

Reaction score
So about 6 months ago my cruise control and horn stopped working I heard that the recall on the master cylinder switch thing could make my cruise not work I replaced it it did not fix anything I' then decided to replace the cruise control switches as they were broken that fixed nothing then decided to replace the clock spring and once more did not fix the cruise control but did fix the horn I'm lost now I believe it has to be electrical and I have no idea how to pinpoint or check for those kinds of problems.

Roy you asked for ideas ... on my 2 dr. Explorer Sport it was a switch on the brake pedel arm coming down from underneath the dash. Hope that idea might help you. I had to spary it w/WD40 @ first & then ended up replacing it in the end.

not to sound simple....check the power to any /all fuses

have ya done reset on the computer disconnct the battery for a minute and start dont do anything for five minutes letting it re - learn then test drive

Thanks for your input rod. I did in fact check all fuses and they are good and have unplugged the battery and plugged back in and still nothing there. So the search continues....

L1tech can I ask where u got your info from that's handy info I would like to have the source so I could reference it more often. Thanks

I'm a mechanic by trade and I do so much business with the dealerships here that they grant me access to most of the repair info. What I can't get from them I have to pay for from places such as Mitchell or Alldata or directly through other manufacturers websites. It's not cheap but it's a necessary evil in my line of work.

Understood no wonder they make u pay for it! Bc it's good info and needed! Thank you again for the info after work I will be checking it out this weekend.

Latest posts