Sticky bun run 06, homestead meet

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick caceres

Reaction score
hey guys, i'm looking to recreate the sticky bun run from past years. thats when we head down to homestead and get cinnabuns and such from the amish and make a meet out of it. help me out a bit with this lol. some people said this weekend would be good, but next weekend would fine as well. who's in?

here's info from the last meet:

Knaus Berry Farm

15980 SW 248th St

Homestead, FL 33031-2060

Phone: (305) 247-0668

In Short Even the most cynical folks melt after one visit to this homegrown fruit stand. For some people, it's the sticky cinnamon buns, but most folks can't get enough of the fresh and creamy strawberry and mango shakes. There's also a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, cheesecakes, shakes and that South Florida staple, the Key lime pie.

Knaus is open Monday-Saturday, from 8am to 5:30pm during strawberry season (January-April).

Nick, I'm sure this will be coming up. Al (stogiehog) hasn't been around even for the Tower Shop meets since he's still dealing with the hurricane bs at his house. I haven't heard from him in a while (by the same token I haven't contacted him) but he was pretty down about the mess. Oscar should be chiming in on this, hopefully. I'm up for it, but I'd like to get a few more guys in on the deal.

actually stogiehog says his wife might come into labor this weekend (he said in the events) so that would stop him from coming, also brandon64 is getting his 35's this week and would probably make it..

would love to go but can't make it this trip:cool:, have to go to key west for a couple of weeks, work stuff

Unless it's just me (and it may be) I didn't see a date planned yet. If it is this saturday, I'm out. But if we plan it a couple/few weeks down the road (won't hurt to give a little heads up) there will be a decent turn out. Oscar was in a fender bender which involved his frame and repair time is up to 8 weeks, so I'm guessing he's out unless he pulls a me and comes in a different car.

I'll be in the area this weekend to check on our farm in Homestead and to pick up a few koi at Angel's hatchery. Knaus stand is a must in season....:cool:

End of Jan is better. My wife might be able to spare me for a morning by then. Her due date is Jan. 13 but could be any day now. Don't make me the deal breaker as things are really up in the air. Spaceman, Wilma really beat up the house pretty bad. We have a new roof already but the interior damage kept me really busy. We're pretty much done now and things will start jumping soon, as my boy is on the way. I hope he like trucks.

STogie

Come on Stogie, he'll have your genes which means he'll be a sucker for that remote start you like so much (you suck BTW). He'll like the trac, may fight with the old man driving it though. :lol:

Thus far, any Sat. morning works for me, but again I'd like more than one or two folks showing up to make that drive worthwhile.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just talked to the insurance company today for my wrecked bumper. I want in on the "sticky bun run" but my bumper has to be repaired before I can go. I am the type of guy that panics if I am out in public and discover a spot on my shirt or something. I will run into the nearest department store and buy a new shirt. LOL

might not make it this time by, dealing with insurance company of the guy that hit me.

if i can i will go with the truck if its not in the shop yet. let me know what date?

got into a wreck on Christmas eve at about 12pm, was slowing for a light on the far right lane and I see a Chevy 1500 pickup coming up from the back at a good click. I see him try to slow down so I try to move up and to the right as much as I can. well guess what he nailed my truck on the right rear and part of the center. I could not believe this, but it gets better, as I walk to the back to see if they were hurt and to see the damage I could not believe the hitch helped protect the back some what and no one was hurt that was the best part. I walk to the other truck and what do I see, a guy dressed in a Santa suit and miss clause getting out of the truck. My first thought was no ones going to believe this, I think by him having that suit on kept me from getting upset I could not believe how well I took it. I will need a new tail gate, bumper and bumper cover, new hitch, and mud flaps, which will be hard to find since they are the gray ones. he's got good insurance so I hope they can get it fixed fast. but as we all that have been in accidents know it sucks. will post picks in the AM. good night to all and a very Merry Christmas.

ok, this is the update so far. went to the collision center that the insurance the guy that hit me told me to go, they are accepting responsibility for the accident and sent me to a ford dealer. the ruff estimate so far is like this, total with out looking deeper yet into the car is about 6,000 dollars. this would be so far, a new bumper, bumper cover, tailgate, r/s fender, new hitch and the winner a new frame

that's right kids a new frame. you see the frame is kinked right around where the last hanger is for the tail pipe, we are looking at 6 to 8 weeks repair time.

best part, they told me they would have to find a used frame 1st and if they cant find one they will order from Ford. If they find a used frame at a junk yard then that one too was in an accident would you not think so? will try to add pics in a few min.

Latest posts