sterio upgrade

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henry tanner

Reaction score
i am puttting in a new head uint and the kit i bought comes with one wire harness i looked at the back of the stock one and there are three harnesses coming out of it. what is up with that . i have the stock double din. with cd, tape fm/am. i do have rear controls.

thanks.

hdt

I just put a radio in my '03 a few weeks ago. I ran into the same problem and I was a little confused. I think one of them is for the rear controls. The other one I am not sure about and the last one is obviously the one for the head unit. All you need to do is plug it into the head unit and leave the other two go. Mine works great and haven't had any problems so far.

Yea I did lose the real controls. For me it wasn't a big deal. I don't even think they have ever been used. I have read a few places that there might be a wiring harness adapter that will allow you to still use them. If it is important to have them then keep researching for that adapter. A good place to call would be Crutchfield.

:supercool: on no rear controls!

"Rush Hour"

Lee: Ah! Beach Boys!

Carter: Oh, hell no! You didn't just touch my goddamn radio!

Lee: The Beach Boys are great American music.

Carter: The Beach Boys gonna get you a great ass whuppin'. Don't you ever touch a black man's radio, boy! You can do that in China but you can get your ass killed out here, man!

Last edited by a moderator: