Stereo shipping bracket

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian T

Reaction score
I put my 6-disk stereo on ebay before I learned of this. I do not want the person who buys it to have it DOA. Does anyplace sell these? Or are they hard to come by? If I put the stereo in "ship mode" is there a button sequence to get it out of this mode? Thanks guys

Also: I had a question from another ebayer that asked me if my 2001 6-disk stereo would work in a 1996 Explorer. Anyone know?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a way to get it out of ship mode...

I have a bracket i RENT to members, But it is out on Rent as we speak..

I think other people have it..

Mine should be back here next week..

Todd Z

Thanks Todd. Do you know if the same two buttons that get it out of ship mode that gets it into ship mode? The only problem with renting yours is I don't know if I could trust the buyer to return it. I would feel very bad if I couldn't get it back to you somehow. Do you know if the dealer sells these?

I have a bracket that I RENT as well.

If you want it, I will charge you $25.00 up front, you return it to me and I give you back $19.00

This covers the shipping for me and I get it back for others to use.

Let me know....

Thanks Coastiejoe, I'll keep you in mind. Has anyone ever thought about making one of these out of sheet metal?

Brian, the bracket is more then sheet metal, it is more rigid then that....

Todd Z

Todd, I saw a picture of one and I did notice that it's pretty sturdy metal. I thought that sheet metal might work for just one shipment. It seems to be more of a headache to sell it than to hang on to it.:wacko:

Brian

Brian

You can allways edit your Ebay auction and add a $30.00 Bracket Rental fee....

Then tell the buyer to ship the bracket back to the person you rented it from and once it is received , you will refund the buyer the $30.00,,,

Allways worth a try,....

Todd Z

Todd, that's a good idea. That'll probably be my first option. I'm going to try and do some calling tomorrow. I know the manager of the parts dept at my Ford dealer. I'll call him to see if he might know where I might find one local. Thanks Todd

Brian

Brian, it would not be easy to build one.

Here is mine, various lengths and tabs that are not in line with anything in particular in my opinioun...

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I did some calling today and found out where the ford dealers send their broken stereos to. They gave me a number to a place in KC. The guy told me they had a big box full of them. He said he'll sell me one for $3 plus a little shipping cost. He's shipping out today. Thanks for your help guys.

Brian

SST the issue is he doesn't trust the Ebay winner to return it to us...

This way he gives the guy the bracket...

Brian, Can you get me that guys number, I may buy 10 of them and keep the for people that need them down the line....

Thanks

Todd Z

I would have to go back and look at my e-mails, but I'd bet my little OL bracket has made about 30 trips to and from me.... LOL

Todd is exactly right. I would rather loose a few dollars than to not have the part shipped back to you guys. I'll make the money back anyway (If it sells). I just wanted to make sure the stereo arrived at it's destination in good shape.

Todd: You have mail. Also you mentioned earlier that there is a way to get it out of ship mode. I would like to enclude this in the box to the winning bidder if you know how to do it.

Thanks, Brian

Brian,

I found this from another post.

There is no Take out of ship mode.

The Ford 6-CD player requires and external shipping bracket to keep the CD-transport in place during shipping.

After you remove the shipping bracket, be sure not to turn the CD-player up-side-down or the transport mechanism will fall off the mounts (That what the shipping bracket prevents). After it is completely installed there is no procedure to remove the unit from shipping mode. The shippin mode just parks the CD selector/head in a specific location where it will not be damaged by the shipping bracket. Normally the head and CD selector is located at the location of the last CD played, selected or ejected.

...Rich

Latest posts