stereo install kits

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor V01

Reaction score
Hi all, Havent been on here in a while. Just wondering if I can get some opinons on install kits and cd players for the sport trac. I looking for a head unit under $100. And what brand install kits look the best. Any pictures would be helpful. Thanks

I need to update my library, added larger tires and painted wheels black. Looks much better.[Broken External Image]:

I was just doing this at Best Buy, and I forget the names of their kits but they cost about 50.00. I believe if you pay them to install, it is included, but not sure.

Crutchfield provides them for free if you buy a radio above a set price. I have bought several units from them over the years and have always been happy... shipping usually takes about 4-5 days.

Scosche makes the one that I bought, and it was reasonable too, something like $25 or $30 at Wal Mart and I like the way it looks. Easy to install, as I did it myself, and that will save you some money too.

[Broken External Image]:

Some can be a little tricky to install. DVD, GPS, NAV, Bluetooth and Back up Camera

here is a pic of all the parts. ( But is can be done with a little time and patiance

[Broken External Image]:

here is a before and after pic of mine.

[Broken External Image]:

There are more pics of the Radio bezel Modification I had to do to get a Double DIN to fit, in my Libary. under Eclipse Stereo Click Link at bottom

If you have any Questions feel free to ask here or Email.

I like the scosche kit. Any recommendations on the stereo.I have an ipod that I want to hook up to it. Under $100. Thanks

You won't find too many good stereos for under $100, but if you want to spend $120, you will get a good brand at a great price, and it's iPod ready too. (Alpine is my brand of choice, but I'm sure you will be able to find stereos for cheaper, this is just for ideas)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7675401&st=KCE-422i&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1134702497966

To each there own, but I don't like the scosche kits. The ones I have experience with were too universal with little clips all over them that you have to break off if they are not for you car. We (audio store I used to work for) used metra, american international also makes a quality kit as well and about the same price as the scosche. Just my .02

Latest posts