Step Bars.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clay Campbell

Reaction score
Looking for OEM Step bars (we call them running boards) for a girl friend of mine. She has an 04 trac that came without them or the original owner took them off. Who knows. Anyway, she is a little short for the truck and has an injured ankle. I was just looking for a reasonably priced set in NC. Could possibly pay to ship but price would have to be low. Thanks

Ever think about doing a 2-3" drop using lowering blocks and backing out the front torsion bolts?

Three inches doesn't sound like a lot. It is. (See Pics in Library) You would need a front end alignment after, though.

Dropped my '05 XLS and am thrilled with the improved handling, while retaining the "streamlined" look, without step bars. My mother is under 5' tall and gets in without using the "grab handles" now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, she wont be interested in dropping, or modding it at all really. It would be cool if she was into that like me but whatever, its her truck. I'm just tryin to help her find some OEM bars.

Damn, I have my set sitting in my garage, too bad your in NC and I'm in OH.

They are heavy, shipping wouldn't be cheap.