Steering Wheel Electrical

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gil G

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
My Sport Trac has Tilt steering....When its tilted down My left blinkers will not work.

When its tilted up blinkers work but its like driving a Bus.

Is that the blinker switch ...or the wiring in the steering wheel?

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

Gil

Perfect

Thank you very much.

Gil

When I had to go into that connector a second time to re-seat loose wires, I also went the heavy handed route to get them to stay. Instead of the hot melt glue, I used a clear silicone sealant to hold them all in the socket. So far, the fix has held for several years.

^ Great idea. RTV silicone is a very strong adhesive, although a PITA to remove once it's cured. :supercool:

Excellent advice about the silicone sealant :supercool:

Thanks every one for the help and pictures (esp the pictures)

I was able to piece the harness and got all of them correct excpt for the 2 that started the whole problem

I had the 2 switched. I hadent put it all back together, so it was a easy fix.

Im goind to try and get the rest back together today. :banana:

THANKS Uncle_Bob. & SwsHawaii. :supercool:

Gil. :haveabeer:

The problem is caused by insufficient slack in the steering column wiring harness to allow for tilting of the wheel without causing stress on the wiring harness connectors. The solution is to fix and broken connections and then pull up a littl more slack in the wiring harness so that moving tilting steering wheel up and down will not put stress on the connectors..

...Rich

Carefully cut the tape that holds the wiring harness to the steering column to gain the extra slack. The harness will stay in place without the tape. If not, you could use zip ties to loosely hold it.

Latest posts