Steering Wheel Cover

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun Tucker

Reaction score
Just an FYI for those of you wondering what to do about your greasy steering wheels. I know that mines pretty mucked up from all the "active living" I do, so I can imagine that some of you are finding the same thing. My cheap store-bought cover is large and cumbersome and I'm finding that it, too is getting quite disgusting.

I found this site and thought some of you might be interested. It seems like a nice, inexpensive alternative to going the route Todd went. Maybe he will flash a picture up so that you can see the great results he got and compare for yourselves.

Anyway, I think I'll order myself an early Christmas gift :banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
Their "patented" needle and thread system? Looks just like the $16 leather cover I put on my old GMC 5 years ago. It was all black, and once laced up it looked factory. You can keep working your way around the wheel tightening the thread until it's seriously tight. Nothing like the "lace-on" perforated vinyl covers you used to see everywhere.

Has anyone tried to remove the OEM steering wheel cover prior to installing the Wheelskins cover? I like the Wheelskins covers, and was contemplating getting a Europerf-style for my Trac, but I think it would look better without the OEM cover showing underneath it.

Has anyone tried to remove the OEM steering wheel cover prior to installing the Wheelskins cover? I like the Wheelskins covers, and was contemplating getting a Europerf-style for my Trac, but I think it would look better without the OEM cover showing underneath it.

I don't think you can remove the cover without removing the padding...thus, a very skinny steering wheel.

Latest posts