Steering Wheel Control 'Circuits' ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B3 Brown

Reaction score
Hello:

I recently installed an indash Pioneer AVIC Z120BT NAV unit in my '10 ST. Unit works great and I am also using a product called a 'PAC SWI-ps' that helps me retain my Original Steering wheel controls.

Well, the PAC unit does allow for volume/seek/media steering control, however I do NOT have PHONE or VOICE button control on the steering wheel.

I made a tech call to PAC and they said that the 'non-working' buttons on the steering wheel 'might' run on a different circuit than the working buttons, is this possible? Does anyone know the circuitry arrangement for a 2010 ST's steering wheel?

As a longshot, has anyone else here retained all their steering wheel controls in a 2009-2010 ST after install ANY brand of aftermarket head/nav unit?

Thanks for any ideas?

B3 in FL

Wanted to clarify...I am not trying to retain 'SYNC', I've technically lost that already, however my Pioneer Head Unit has built in blue tooth that works great with my mirror mounted MIC, I just want to be able to press 'voice' on the steering wheel rather than the button on the Pioneer to start Bluetooth commands.

Thanks again, B3

I didn't look at a wiring diagram and am almost certain it wouldn't show it anyway being that all the info runs through the network but I would put money on the voice button on the steering wheel being directly linked to the SYNC module. Check out the PAC MS-FRD1, it may be what you are looking for...a bit spendy though.

FYI Ford has a separate electrical system service manual for the Gen2 Sport Trac. Considering how sophisticated the electronics are for these vehicles, you might want to consider investing in one. It's a special order from any Ford dealership parts counter.

If you have it, how does your satellite radio work? I want a nice head unit like yours but not sure about the radio deal. I have it now and love it.

Hello B3....What adaptor did you use to hook up your new radio into the ford factory wireharness? Did you st come from the factory with the sync? Thanks...Mike

Latest posts