Steering issue

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Merry

Reaction score
Is there an easy way to limit how far my wheels will turn? My left caliper looks like it may still touch my coilover spring at a full left locked turn. Can I limit this?

Chad

You would have to modify the steering stops on the spindles and or the lower control arms. I would think the lower control arms would be easier due to being steel, not cast iron...

Chad...

[Broken External Image]:

Just weld on a bolt or something to make them longer

you can weld a bump stop to the lower control arm, or weld a large nut and you can adjust a bolt into the nut where it needs to stop, and that way it will be adjustable. Also did you ever figure out the vacuum problem when you turn to full lock, i still have that prob. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Clay,

That is the problem for me at least.. My caliper is hitting the coilover spring when turned fully to the left, and it makes the caliper open up, kinda like using a C-clamp to open them up to install new pads.

I also added some SS braided brake lines and that helped as well. Braking is SWEET now!!:D

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts