STA Eibach Lowering Springs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John McBeth

Reaction score
I apologize because I'm sure I am breaking some kind of protocols here (please forgive me, ima nube)...

But lowering the Gen2 STA should be a priority in the world so here's a post from a sister forum:

03-29-2014, 09:19 PM #1

CODell85GT

Wannabe Elite Explorer

Clifton, New Jersey

2008 Adrenalin

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

(Original Poster) STA Adrenalin Eibach Lowering Springs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Folks,

It has been a while since I have been on the forum.

Other interests had pulled me and my wallet in different directions but I recently turned my attention back to my 08 STA.

Part of my quest has been finding someone to produce a reasonably priced set of lowering Springs.

One of the first companies I contacted was Eibach and I wanted to share the results of the inquiry with other STA owners to see if there would be interest in a group buy.

Before I go any further please note I did reach out to the Admin for permission to post this thread.

These are the Production facts from Eibach as they stand today.

-Eibach processes Custom Private Label small production runs.

-The minimum order quantity for a Private Label run is 50 sets.

-The request is for a full set of springs lowering STA's either 1.5" or 2" all around.

-Eibach requires a set of stock springs shipped to them to measure and develop from.

-6 weeks is required for a prototype set from receipt of the stock springs.

-10 weeks is required for the production run from approval of the prototype set.

These are the estimated costs as they stand today:

-$1,000 estimated cost of 4 stock springs purchased from Ford and shipped to Eibach. If someone has a full set to loan this cost could be eliminated.

-$1,000 required for the prototype set of springs for approval.

-$145.00 estimated final cost per set of Springs for the MOQ of 50 sets.

If all costs were combined it would be a total estimate of $185.00 + shipping per set of Springs for 50 sets.

I thought the final estimated price of $185.00 was very reasonable so I wanted to share it here with other STA owners even though I am not sure if there are even that many forum members that own an STA and have an interest in lowering it.

I know it's a stretch but it could be possible at a very reasonable price if there is enough interest.

Post up your thoughts, questions and interest.

I will do my best to answer any questions and if I can't I will contact Eibach to get the answer.

Thanks!

Hmm.... Interesting. I do not plan on lowering my Trac. But I am on another forum (BMW E31) where a lot of owners do want a lowered car. To do this they cut an OEM spring. I believe to get a proper ride height (that's kind of a subjective term) they are cutting out one coil.

Or, you can "bag" your Trac. Can't you?

Lou...

I just can't believe that nobodys made this happen...

This truk just begs to be dropped 2-3", not slammed but close that giant gap a bit.

Latest posts