ST Suspension lift

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Vaden 2

Reaction score
I'm looking to lift my '01 4x4 ST about 4'' to fit some 33's under it but i don't want to spend 2k on the superlift kit. I've seen some pics of custom lifted ST's I was wondering if anyone on here has done any one off suspension work and could give me some pointers, or if anyone knows of any interchangeable parts that I could scavenge from any ranger or explorer lifts.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you do not want to spend some money and want 33"s then a body lift is your only option. You could squeze them under with only a TT and shackle lift, but it will rub.

As for interchanging parts from Rangers and Explorers it can be done. All 95-01(Gen2) Explorers and Moutaineers are identical to the Sport Trac. This includes drivetrain and all other front and rear end parts.

Rangers are almost the same, they do have their own specialty items if you can find them.

ya i dont want to do a body lift cuz i don't like the way they look i'm not opposed to spending some cash on my truck I'm just not sure 4 inches is worth $2k

You cannot even tell a body lift is on the ST. I dont have gap guards on my ST and you would never know it has a body lift.

NOPE! Not mine:D I modified the hitch to fix that gap:D I must have deleted the pic that shows how it looks. But here is what I did. I cut a 2.5" section out and welded back together.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts