ST repo video HELP

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easiest, low-tech way is to play the movie on the DVR and record using a digital camcorder pointed at the TV (get in close so the frame of the camcorder is on the TV border).

Another way to go is to get a capture card for a PC, and software, and capture that way with the DVR output into the capture card.

Or get a dedicated DVD recorder that has video input, then record from the DVR, then rip the DVD to an MPEG file then convert to FLASH video, etc.

Once you have the video in one of the above methods, create a YouTube account, upload the video, then post the link here.

TJR

is this the one your looking for...

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0kwhHueM2aA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0kwhHueM2aA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Yeah, they weren't giving the ST proper respect.

I can't understand why they'd fight the repo man--they said they'd pay, and they didn't. A man's word is his bond, or at least it used to be. Fighting after breaking the bond is just adding insult to injury :(

Born an indentured servant into the debt culture, or whatever the expression is.

"The owner in question was very..agitated"

If you pay taxes on it, you don't own it. :wacko: :angry:

If you make payments on it, you don't own it. :wacko:

Thinking you do just gets you into trouble :(

Ok, WTF was up with that "fight"? That dude threw the crappiest punch! What the heck? I'd say he was trying to throw a hook into the body, but that would be giving him too much credit (and still retarded). Even if the repo guy hadn't charged in, the punch still would have impacted the chest and done nothing, except to the idiot throwing the punch.

Sadly, the repo guy couldn't fight either...and wasn't practicing his "calm" preaching. I thought he was doing some lame "take it to the ground for control" rot, but after he took the guy down, he clearly didn't have control. Going to the ground with your opponent is rather dumb anyhow. ..especially when you fall first and take the impact for both of you.

So the repo guy steps into the crap punch, tries some sort of wonky headlock, they struggle and stumble around, and then the repo guy goes down, and the hispanic dude gets on top of him and starts acting like a rabid dog?

Sigh--I thought these repo guys would have some education in fighting, since as they said, encountering a violent "owner" is almost a daily thing. Why the one dude is so PO'd I don't understand--the loser owner didn't do anything to him, and when his crew has the hispanic guy pinned down, the guy looks puny; the crew member is 2x his size.

Ok, I wrote that BEFORE I saw them try and "justify" the fight, and "taking it to the ground". Taking it to the ground is, again, rather dumb, and that repo guy Failed in any way to properly try and take it there. Did either of the guys realize they had a left hand?

The pepper spray was lame! The hispanic dude needed something, like a beating, not a pansy "Let's pepper spray him and run!" Three large guys who tower over the "owner", the one trying to look imposing with his muscles and tattoos, and they couldn't punch him out? WTF.

"Did we get a good hook? [on the ST]" "Dunno, didn't check. Let's get outta here!"

They're running, and they didn't even ensure that the st isn't going to fly off.

I thought you were only supposed to tow at low speeds for under 50 miles with that setup--I don't really trust that not screwing up the ST steering. Why not just get a real tow truck with a flatbed?

The name of the show is Operation Repo. I have to admit, I watch it every week, it gets Tivo'd. Its actually a humorous show, the "acting" is terrible, it states at the beginning " the following depicts actual events" There is one episode where they are towing a BMW and go around a curve and flip it. it was a nice car.

So they tow with that 4x4 pickup all the time? :(

Do they always just show up and take the car without first trying to contact the owner?

Maybe south park could spoof it ala Dog the Bounty Hunter; they really do need some new material, since they can't openly mock obama (and having to cya after every jab really makes for some bad episodes)

I've seen that show a few times. Not too bad, but I can only take so much of it. Like KL said, it reminds me of Dog the Bounty Hunter.

I am surprised these guys don't know what a Sport Trac is. Don't they see them on the road, or do any research on cars at all?

If you pay taxes on it, you don't own it.

Damn, I hate this saying every time I hear / read it!! Why? 'cause it's the truth!!!

One can NEVER truly "own" anything of value because there are always taxes to pay!!!

Hell, in KS, I STILL HAVE TO PAY $300+ per year to tag and drive my 05 ST which had the bank loan paid off 2 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

If I don't pay those taxes, they will come and get it!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn Dave S, why so much for a tag for your ST? I have to pay about $45.00 a year for my tag, and I hate that. I would definatly hate your tag price...

Some states charge an annual fee based on the value of the vehicle, can easily be several hundred dollars or more. Others just charge a registration fee usually based on the weight class and type of vehicle.