ST Owner No Longer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Pachnos

Reaction score
After 6 years and 79,000 miles I am saying goodbye to my 2004 ST. I want to thank all those on this site for helpful tips. Frankly, I regret ever buying this vehicle. I've had many of the same problems that others have had as noted in this forum (4x4 motor, power windows, transmission, etc.) and I am done with fixing and/or making excuses for a vehicle that was poorly designed. I know that many will respond that other vehicles have problems, but many of the problems with the STs started in the first model year and Ford never did anything to correct them. Anyway, thanks again.

No worries, Teddy. Some people's STs have no problems, and others were/are problems from the start. You have to do what's best for you and your situation. Best of luck to you with your new ride.

What did you get, btw? Inquiring minds want to know.

Good luck Teddy. I'm sad to say that I'm not going to be too far behind you. Time to upgrade to a F150. But in the mean time I love my ST and have had nothing but good experiences with it. And mine is a 2001.

I'm on my second Trac, had two Rangers before that, almost no problems with any of them.

I think it's a crapshoot no matter what you buy. The worst POS my dad ever owned was a $70,000 BMW.

Why are you getting rid of your ST Big D? You've done so much to it. Why get rid of it now? If you're keeping it into the spring I would possibly buy it off you and my wife would have an ST too. Let me know if interested.

:smile0006:

Sorry you had issues, my 01 lasted for 8 years and no issues at all until the ac crapped out (my fault, overfilled). I replaced it with another brand and am happy, but would buy an ST again if I did not need a full size bed.

Dad has an 09 F150 crew cab 4x4 and loves it... hint, hint.

I've had Ford products all my life, I'm 60, and have never had a problem with any of them, but i'm a mechanical minded car guy and tend to take extreme care of my vehicles. I started with a 54 Ford 2dr. custom line hot rod at 15. Had a 427 with 3 duces and 4 speed. Later had a 70 Torino Cobra Jet,a Ford ranger pu, and Merc.Mountianeer, Ford escape and now 2 Sport Tracs so far. I always took them back to dealers when needed the routine maintanence so there would be a record with Ford Co. just in case of needing warranty work. Have never had to use it.

My Father & brother on the other hand are GM guys and they both have had problems with different GM products thru the years, and they both take care of their rides as I do. SO i think that while there are Lemons in every make and model, the majority of all of them are quality made and will give good performance and longivity if taken care of properly. I had 1 GM product thru the years , and that was a used Suburban i bought from my Dad, that had the trans. replaced 500 miles after he purchased it, and then the rear end at 20,000. But other than that I drove it for 5 years with no problems until my wife totaled it in a snow storm wreck. I've just always loved Ford products,and am currently looking to buy a repro Shelby Cobra roadster for cruising the streets, or a Ford Powered Street rod of some kind.:smile0006:

Latest posts