ST no more...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn stonbraker 2

Reaction score
Well, it finally happened. Traded the ST in on a Nissan Titan. Got $9,500 for the ST with 103K on it. Bought a 2006 Titan, fully loaded, 40K miles, locally owned by a Bank Manager, for $14K.

I loved the ST, but it was time for it to go. I owned it since 2003 and got a lot of great years and miles out of it.

Not sure if it would be fair of me to remain a "Admin", but I'm going to shoot Todd an e-mail. I still plan on frequenting the site, but I don't think it's to fair if I don't own a ST.

Keep on Tracin'!

If you are good at what you do then stay around, if you have the time!! I had to sell my ST 4 years ago, I have haven't been run off YET:banana:

IMO...if you still have interest in the ST, and are still interested in the site, why can't you still be an administrator? Seems like eventually a lot of folks will not have ST's due to attrition and wear so the site will eveolve in due time. Hopefully in a long time...

'07 ST:banana:

I don't have my ST anymore and I still frequent this site. I vote for you to stay. You still have a lot of knowledge from your years as an owner that you can pass on.

By all means, stick around! We've got folks on here that have never shown any interest in Sport Tracs at all (from looking at the majority of their posts) like frank, so I don't see any reason for you to go away.:cheeky:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, don't worry, I'll still be around. I love this site and the people in it. Over 7 years, I may not have met any of you face-to-face, but I still consider you all friends. As for the Admin, I just think that it would be better served going to an owner. I'm not going anywhere.:supercool:

Stone and JD have both been great "Admins" for this site, IMO.

Technical knowledge, objective, and fair. (No, they didn't pay me) LOL

Stick around, who else is going to give you the "Grim Reaper" job title?

By the way, we still have your Verizon email address, unless you change it. :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that's why this even went through. I stopped and talked to the guy and he was practically salivating when I told him that I was trading the ST. It was nice to see. The whole deal took only 1 hour. He doesn't have it listed yet on his site to see what he trying to sell it for, but it's all shined up and looking good. Hope the next owner enjoys it as much as I did.

I have to say though, the Nissan is going to spoil me. The ST was a Base model, this Nissan has everything. I just have to get used to the size.

Man, the truck is sharp and I know many people that own them and have no problems out of them, but I could never allow myself to support a foreign made vehicle ,especially, in the economical times we are in. If anything goes out or needs replaced, you will also have to wait awhile and pay a crazy amount for a part that isn't worth the money. Like I said, it is a really SWEET truck and no offense just my opinion.