ST LED bed lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Rogier

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the LED strip lights in the bed of there Sport Trac? There are a ton of them on ebay, also listed are power supplies. My question is what all do you need to install them and make them work? I am guessing the led strips and a single power supply? I plan to tap in at the 12 volt outlet plug at the rear of the bed, and install a switch.

I just tapped the 12 volt supply outlet, like you said. I put a switch inside the outlet mounting so I could turn them on and off without a in-line switch. So all I needed was the strip and switch. Easy Job.

sounds good, I wonder what the power supply is for. maybe its for going from 110 to 12v but it did not say. Mind posting some pics? Did you tape them up or did it have hangers? I have seen some set ups they sell with several lights strung along the power line that either screw on or double stick tape, but the ones I am seeing on Ebay are in a roll.

Pictures didn't turn out so well with the black on black. If I remember I got them from Todd. They are Recon. Just go to the link here on this site, then to the recon site, and click on bed lights. They have some good pictures. They come with double stick tape. It includes two 4 ft sections which is perfect for each side.

Here's my setup . . . . I actually wired a LED rocker/toggle in the place of a couple "dummy" spots on my console. Then I ran the wires under the dash, along the door sill and out the cab through the rubber grommet in the bottom of the speaker box. Then I removed the inner rear wheel wells to run the lights to the back, along the inner sides of the bed, then to the passenger's side. Finally, I cut out inserts in the bed, pushed the LED clusters through, glued them in place (Goop) and reassembled everything . . .

It sure was a lot of work for something a simple as bed lighting, but the payoff of an OEM look is well worth the initial time spent, IMO

I wired my LED lights to the same circuit as the interior lights. That way when you unlock the Trac the lights come on. If you need them on for a longer time you can turn the interior switch to full on. That way you do not forget to turn them off. I did this for both the 2001 and 2008 Tracs I had.

Latest posts