squeky trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad Byrd

Reaction score
loud squeeky noises when i turn the wheel- when i go on rough terrain - even on level pavement- do not know if it is a shock- still have the oem's with 130k 2001---help--brad

Even if it is not a shock you REALLY would enjoy the ride if you got rid of the original shocks. They are horrible compared to what you could put on.

The bearings normally start with a dull roar more then a sqeak. Is the noise you hear from the front end?

yes- from the front passenger side - i appreciate your quick response--- i can stand on the side bar of trac and move around and make it squeak... what should i be expecting to spend on shocks (installed) and what brand do you have? i have seen alot of shock issues posted but up until now- never gave it much thought as my ride is very good- i just replaced my tires a month ago with uniroyal liberators from wal-mart $86. ea. grat looking/riding tire-- brad

Grease your swaybar bushings, they're dry. 2 front, 2 rear, spray them with penetrating spray lube as a quick fix, drive around, spray again. If your squeak is gone, that's your source. Buy a set of greaseable bushings / brackets from ToddZ for a permanent fix.

The OEM at 130K is insane, even if you think they're fine. I'd get a nice new set before your nice new tires are shot.

I put on the Rancho RSX shock about 50K ago. I did it myself in the driveway of my mom's house in Florida and it took maybe 2 hours. They run buy 3 get 4th free alot on the web.

I'm thinking of lifting my trac so my shocks will get replced again then.

If you want to do it your self check the projects section, I think someone did a project on replacing the shocks. It was helpful when I did it.

ScoTt

Latest posts