SQEEKS

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Boian

Reaction score
:angry:Would any one happen to know why my 2001 ST is squeeking very bad when i turn or go over a bump? I have replaced all four shocks, wheels and tires, And also greased everything... Can anyon help me..

Brandon

sway bar bushings and/or endlinks..... check your spare to make sure it is tight..... there are also rubber spring isolators on top of your springs up front that will squeak too..... try spraying silicone on each until it subsides or goes away....... HTH

I went on a mission to stop squeeks this last summer, and have successfully made them all go away.

Worst culpit - Front Swaybar bushings.

Then the back

Then the tailgate.

I also had a loose lowering block, and that stopped a small rattle I heard.

No more squeeks!

I went on a mission to stop squeeks this last summer, and have successfully made them all go away.

Worst culpit - Front Swaybar bushings.

Then the back

Then the tailgate.

I also had a loose lowering block, and that stopped a small rattle I heard.

Everyime I take it in for anything (which isnt that often) but I usually ask them to grease the swaybars, and have never been charged once for this, lol.

No more squeeks!

Ball joints could also be the problem .Have someone bouncd on each side of the car and put your hand on the ball joint. If it is you can inject grease in the rubber cover with a grease gun and needle purchased at auto store.

I had a major issue with squeaking from the rear of the Trac and also alittle knocking every now and than.

Issue was the Leaf Spring Assembly was broken and seized. When it was seized it squeaked... when the weather warmed up and it got wet... that is when the knocking started.

Good luck

Whit

Latest posts