Sprung a leak!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John A

Reaction score

Hey Everyone,

My Trac just developed a slow Oil Leak and wanted to know if anyone experiences/ed the same and how to fix?

It appears to be between the Transmission and the Engine... The leak develops one drop of oil per day, underneath the vehicle I can see the back bottom of the pan take on the leak...

Tried some ATV Sealant along the outside but it still created a small drop of oil after... It appears to leak after a drive, when sitting it doesnt leak (well, from what I can see on the floor)

2003 Exp Sprt Trac - 4x2 - 90kms...

Any help or suggestions would be great!

Thanks...John A

I just did a google on it, and looking at the pictures it seems that's my problem...

Without talking to a mechanic, I'm sure disconnecting the Engine from the Tranny is going to be pricy!!!

I'll put it up on ramps to make sure tomorrow. Thnx TrainTrac

Last edited by a moderator:
My 2003 Ranger had the exact same prob. On mine, it was dripping down between the bell housing of the trans and the back of the engine where it mounts.

I didn't get mine fixed, but traded it in when I bought my ST. I would find someplace else to have it fixed other than the dealer...they will charge you a bundle.

Well, I think I may have gotten lucky, before I put my truck up on ramps I popped the hood and looked around to see the PCV valve had been leaking, I went to grabbed it and it apparently was loose (installed month or two ago?) went back to Todd Z's instruction and I may have not locked it in using vice pilers, clean the area tightened the PCV valve and went for 50Km drive and no signs of leaking!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed!