Sprint PCS - Horrible Service!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WXMotorSports DecalsPartsAccs

Reaction score
I'm getting dropped calls frequently with Sprint here in the Seattle area. I was in Tahoe a few weeks ago and had no service. Samething when I go to Vancouver or Victoria, Canada.

My Broadband wireless access card for my laptop, from Sprint, is no better than dial-up service.

This is now the 4th time I have complained to them and I'm tired of the excuses I'm told.

I switched from T-Mobile, paid alll the disconnect fees, and now have to deal with this poor service for another year when my contract with them ends.

The first customer service rep I talked to today was an as&. Interupting me while I'm explaining the problem, then tells me I need a PRL Upgrade. I ask what that is and he tells me to go to the local Sprint Store for details. Then I get disconnected.

Call back and the next rep was pretty good except for all the excuses why I'm getting dropped calls. I didn't get any dropped calls from T-Mobile!

The only reason why I switched was of the Wireless Broadband Internet Service for my lap top.

Sprint is NOT holding up their end of there end of the service agreement!

Over priced plans, poor network service and even worse customer service reps.

Ok, enough venting...LOL

SST

I never used to get dropped calls with Cingular until they started advertising they have the fewest dropped calls of anyone. Now I get one a week on average.

Sorry to hear about the bad service there in Seattle, i've been with Sprint for almost 8 yrs now and overall i'm pleased. All of the wireless network carrier's performance vary from city to city and fortunately Sprint works well here in Texas. I guess it also helps that I work in the area known as the Telecomm Corridor where most of the vendors have operations so of course they will ensure that their network is in good shape.

Jeff C, if you're only experiencing one dropped call per week, you're doing damn good. Cingular is very cheap and their ovice quality has a lot of room for improvement as well. My company currently has a muti-million $$$ deal on the table with them to purchase our Network Optimisation tool, if they buy it, it will greatly improve the efficiency and quality of their network, especialy as they move into UMTS integration in mid 2007. Eventually Cingular customers will be forced to migrate which will mean even more money for your monthly bill.

Last edited by a moderator:
My pop loves sprint. He never cuts out when we talk either. Each day that goes by I 'm getting more frustrated with Cingular. My wife is ready to fire them NOW. It's not a matter of dropped calls, it's a matter of not getting a signal, especially in buildings. If I leave a voice mail for her she will usually get it the next day. :angry:

SeattleSportTrac,

I dropped Sprint for the very same reason and I was in San Antonio, TX...gettign dropped calls and no signal in different parts of my house...both inside and outside!!! I feel your pain!!!

I hit two to five airports a day. Stayed at 142 Hilton properties alone last year. I have Verizon with the Nation plan. No roaming, no long distance, works perfectly. Been a customer for 15 years or so....

Coastie...

VZW is who I "divorced" Sprint for! By far way more impressive with service all around than Sprint for me! I love VZW...got a BlackBerry 8703e (my 2nd BlackBerry) and I don't feel that I will ever look back for another service provider!!!

depends on the area and how much they have sold also

what phone you are using.

cheap phones just dont get it done especially those LGs

for sprint you need the sanyo phones, with the LG i pulled

2 bars in my kitchen now both of my sanyos pull 5 in my

basement and even ring at my desk in the office buiilding

where i work. i believe most of the providers will give you

a 72 hour period to try out a new phone and if its no good

you can bring it back at no cost to you so you may want to

look in to that option before suffering for another year.

another problem is when they oversell an area the level

of service gets really horrible until they add another tower

or people drop service.

i have had Sprint for 7 years now, no problems for first 3

years then about 1 years worth of trouble and then it has

been great for the last 3.

during that bad year they had totally oversold my area

and the towers couldnt handle the amount of calls and it would

drop out.

i have friends with cingular and my brother has verizon

they complain all the time about dropped calls

for this area at this time it is definitely sprint/nextel

but in another year who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with Coastie and MJ, Verizon has gotten my business for going on 10 years. I've never had a need to complain. I am in Orlando though, a far cry from Seattle. I agree with everyone that different providers have better service in certain areas. Might be best to survey some people you know in your area to determine who you 'need' to be with for the best overall service. Just my .02.

Been with Verizon since they were BANM ( Bell Atlantic Nynex Mobile) Never have a dropped call, always have service. Their customer service needs work but other then that they are great!

I will have to disagree that Sprint works well here in Texas.

Sprint has may deade areas that are well covered by other cellular networks like Cingular an Verizon.

Also, a number of years ago, Sprint was selling cellular service in the Waco, TX are without telling any of their customers that they were in a Roaming area and would be accumulating Roaming charges while in you local home area. Many of these people complained and it was on the local TV news here. Sprint refused to refund anyone's money or allow them disconnect their service without paying the early termination fee.

What a Rip Off !!

It is true that different cellular carriers have better or worse service in certain areas, but that does not mean they should be rude or insulting about customer complaints.

Alltel had terrible service here in the Waco, TX area. My wife an I both constantly got dropped calls. I could sit in my office with my cellphone and watch the signal strength go up and then drop all the way off and I had not moved from my desk and didn't even move the phone!! When I asked one of the Alltel idiots why it did that, he had the nerve to say "I think that's caused by the wind" ????

I have gottem the best service from AT&T/Cingular. As much as I have traveled, I never encountered a deadspot with Cingular, but I did see a lot of dead spots with Alltel and Nextel. I have friends with Sprint and they also indicate that they encounter a lot of dropped calls and dead spots.

I now use a TracFone that rents airtime from both Cingular and Verizon networks. These two companies combined have more of the nation covered than all the other cellular providers combined. I have never had a dropped call on my TracFone, and my wife only had one in nearly 8 months. I can live with that.

...Rich

My experience is that as long as you don't have to call customer service, Sprint is a good company. I get very few dropped calls and no one can touch the rate I am getting with them. Sprint's customer service is horrible, but their product is awesome.

My fiancee used to share minutes with me, but decided she didn't like Sprint (she said she could get a better deal than the $45 she was paying me for her share. She has been with Cingular for two months now and went over her minutes the first month, which cost her a bundle (she was used to my plan which had unlimited minutes 7pm to 7 am). She had to upgrade her service plan, so now she is paying twice as much for service and she has many more dropped calls than she ever got with Sprint.

She can't even get a signal in my house now, even when I get 5 bars with Sprint. Her family has started calling me on my phone to see if she is with me, since they have already learned it is easier for them to reach her through me.

I like the plan I have with Sprint~ but now you can't even upgrade your plan without them trying to stick you to a 2 yr commit. I can't get Verizon here....

Sprint's been pretty good to me over the past five years. The only disappointment I have with it is the poor reception I get at home. Conversations will be broken up and often times dropped. I guess the mountain up the street has something to do with it, because just one block down the street and the reception bars max out. I don't talk all that much on my cell phone but the $15 monthly rate (1500 mins) pretty much discourages me from even thinking about switching.

I have used them all...well except Sprint. Cingular, Alltel, Verizon, GTE Mobilnet, AT&T Wireless, Airtouch, and Cellular 1.

For me, there is nothing better than Cingular. I spent 9 years on the road and I was always the guy that everyone needed to borrow my phone.

Of all the carriers out there, Sprint was the worst.

Tom

I've been a little frustrated with Cingular in the last few months, but after doing for some shopping for an alternative, I have realized that they are probably the best or one of the best carriers out there. The main problem I've had is signal strength, it goes in and out and I have trouble getting a signal in medium-large buildings like someone mentioned already. Overall, I think they have some of the best plans, best phones, and despite my spotty service (which could also be due to my phone itself, my SIM card, etc.), they have the best network too.

My two-year contract is up in April, and as of right now I have no plans to switch to another carrier.

Latest posts