sport trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tis' the last year for the ST, as we know it. (2010) :cry:

Sorry, didnt know you were new here.

Welcome to the best ST forum on the planet.

The MySt members are as diverse as you will ever see.

Despite our differences, most are very informative and helpful.

Enjoy!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary,

Welcome aboard...

Take some time to play around the message boards, there is TONS to learn.

If you have any questions, check out the FAQ's or simply ask???

Like I stated before, we all Know that it is the new CAFE regulations that meant the end of the Sport Trac. Ford just can't incorporate the Sport Trac into their fleet, and still get their fleet MPG levels high enough to meet the new goverment standards. You can't have a new Sport Trac because of Obama.

:btddhorse:To my knowledge the CAFE standards were in place long before Mr. Obama was ever to be president of the USA. Sadly, the decision(s) to eliminate the ST is more of a corporate thing to conform to those standards that were in place years ago. It is wild to think that one man can kill an auto manufacturers cash cow, and who had no effect on the overall decision that was mandated by Congress in reference to environmental issues. He was an Illinois State Senator and had no bearing on that CAFE issue.

It is not CAFE that is killing the ST....it's lack of sales. If the sales were there then Ford would actually put in a modern drivetrain that is capable of meeting the CAFE standards. While the 4.6 version of the ST is ok the 4.0 is a dinosaur technoligicaly speaking but the problem with that is then the v6 would put out about another 70 horsepower so why would you buy the v8 with only 30 more hp? Ford would have to redo the v8 in the ST also...bottom line is that the bottom line don't make sense for Ford so might as well shut it down.

I think Ford never really promoted the ST, thinking it would just grab Explorer owners. Most folks, even other truck owners, still don't know what mine is when they see it. Two families on my street are gen 1 ST owners because they asked about mine, and now my neighbor who drives an SRT10 is eyeing my Adrenalin closely. It will be a shame if they kill it off.

Will people PLEASE get off the idea that everything that is wrong with this country is Obama's fault!!! George( Stupid) Bush had the control for the past eight years, is NOTHING his fault????:btddhorse:

LOL Pudge and Cole!!!

What person in the right mind would take over where "W" left it?

Bush Jr. and his Administration destroyed what Clinton accomplished in less time.

Too bad we can't blame Barry for global warming and natural disasters.

Puhleeze! :argue:

BTW, I am a registered Republican. (Or, was)

Let's look at the time line of events. In May of 2009 Pres. Obama order that the CAFE standard be enforced at a much higher level than the recommendations that Pres. Bush set. Then 2 months later Ford announced that the Sport Trac would be canceled.

:argue: Okay, so some here are blaming Big O for the demise of the ST, but he doesn't work for FMC! As president, if he steps up the CAFE standards or whatever, then it is up to FMC to find a way to upgrade whatever it is (or was) that would put them in line to conform to those standards and find a way to keep this truck going. But alas, I am sure that the ST as we know it, is certainly not the only vehicle out there that would be canned. Look, if GM can cut out two of their brands completely, and none because of the CAFE standards, then FMC just made a decision to eliminate one of their best vehicles for whatever reason they deem necessary. Look I haven't had a raise in three years at my job, and that was before Big O became president, so do I blame him for that? No, I don't blame anything but the times we are in, and I let that be. As long as I am employed and my pay is not cut, then it is a good day for me. I have a 2001 ST, and would love to have another one as soon as possible. And I might even thank the Big O for helping me get there. After all, if he can be blamed for the mess we are in, then I can thank him for helping me out of it also. Look at the surges in the stock market lately ...... :banana:

The reason the ST is being canceled is that it needs a complete redesign and that costs lots of money. The engines are antiques, it needs to go on a serious diet, it never made Ford any money, and it gets lousy mileage. I would like Ford to keep it and put their new V6 out of the mustang in it (305 horsepower, better mileage) and don't even have a V8. If you need more towing than that buy a F150. But my only hope is that the new Ranger pick-up will have all the things I have mentioned that the ST needs. The original ST was based on the Ranger maybe the next one will be as well.

Will people PLEASE get off the idea that everything that is wrong with this country is Obama's fault!!! George( Stupid) Bush had the control for the past eight years, is NOTHING his fault????
:supercool: :haveabeer:

Trax, and others..

It is and will pretty much always be the President that is in office at the time.

Sure, Bush had issues, but we can find both positive and negative items to support each and every issue. Same goes with Obama. I can easily find nothing but negative things to say about whoever is in office at the time, it is just they way that it is.

Clinton had issues that Bush adopted just like Obama adopted Bush's.

911, regardless of anything else, pretty much killed any positive presidency no matter who would have been in the office at the time. Thousands of live, wars, billions of dollars are a direct result of the events of 911. Would Obama be looking good if it happened on his watch???

The reason the ST is ceasing production is because of the public switch from a body on frame SUV to a Uni-body CUV. Because of that, the Ford Explorer is going to a FWD/AWD Uni-body design that gets better gas mileage.

Lets face it, nobody takes a 4x4 SUV with a $30,000+ price tag off roading. Since the ST is based off of the Explorer chassis, and a complete switch of the Explorer design and build, it just isn't practical to keep the ST alive. The sales are there, but not enough to justify running a production line to keep the ST alive.

This has nothing to do with Obama. This has nothing to do with Bush (well, I think it does since the shift started because of high gas prices during his reign as president), but I digress.

Tom

Trax, and others..

It is and will pretty much always be the President that is in office at the time.

Sure, Bush had issues, but we can find both positive and negative items to support each and every issue. Same goes with Obama. I can easily find nothing but negative things to say about whoever is in office at the time, it is just they way that it is.

Clinton had issues that Bush adopted just like Obama adopted Bush's.

911, regardless of anything else, pretty much killed any positive presidency no matter who would have been in the office at the time. Thousands of live, wars, billions of dollars are a direct result of the events of 911. Would Obama be looking good if it happened on his watch???

I'm just tired of all the finger pointing , it's kinda like a bunch of little kids saying it's not my fault he did it ! when this country decides to work together and stop the finger pointing and playing on teams then maybe some of the problems can be resolved, thats all I have to say. Was not trying to get political on a CAR site just thought the above comment was funny:back2topic: