Sport Trac Non-Alignment Job

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny O

Reaction score
I took the Trac to the alignment shop today. Got it new three years ago and just bought it off the lease two weeks ago. Never had it aligned so I figured it was time, plus there are lots of potholes here.

Dude at the usual shop I go to takes it for a test ride, pulls it up on the rack, puts laser sensors on all four wheels (Gen 2's are adjustable in the rear), looks at the readouts, pronounces it perfect as-is, and doesn't charge me a dime. Go figure. :driving:

Nice, I know I'm gonna need an alignment when I get new tires on mine. Tires aren't wearing funny but you can see the front tires have the Ford camber issue. I'm gonna be spending the next couple days replacing the clutch (went out yesterday), motor mounts (completely shot), alternator bracket (crappy thin cast aluminum), oil change (it's time), coolant change (due to needing to remove the lower rad hose to do the alt bracket), shocks and possibly front coil springs if I decide to raise the frontend up to just a 2" drop. Already did full tuneup, valve cover gasket. Yeah, I'm gonna be busy as hell working on my Show truck. Atleast we're getting a couple days of good weather to be able to do this.

:banana::banghead::cry::banana::driving::supercool:

My Gen2 has a bad alignment as my tires are wearing on the outside. Only 20K miles and the outside of the tread is shot.

After this season of potholes i have now also developed a vibration in the steering wheel. Not a high frequency run, something more low frequency/ noticeable movement.

Latest posts