Sport Trac 2003 vs Ford 500 2007 - which is safer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anupam Routh

Reaction score
Greetings! I have a 2003 4x2 Sport Trac XLT with safety Canopy system covering both front and back system. It also has air bags for back seat passengers. The air bags are on the side. I also have a 2007 Ford Five Hundred Ford all wheel drive with all the safety system.

Which will the safer vehicle for family vacation? Which will be safer in a headlong crash with Ford F150? With thanks.

Ford 500, hands down on the first question. The STs are prone to rollovers, and if the 500 has all-wheel drive, it is easier to avoid a collision than it would be in a 4X2. Now if you plan to crash into a F-150 head-on, the ST is safer, just because an F-150 would tend to drive over the front end of the lower 500.

Are you paranoid?

Fact is that most accidents occour close to home. Few accidents happen on vacation.

If it were me, I would pick the vehicle that would best serve your needs. Need a better view of the road ahead? Go with the Trac. Need more storage, that is a toss-up since the 500 has a truck the size of a Camry. Want good gas mileage because you think 20 MPG is going to break your wallet, go with the 500. Is one more comfortable to drive than the other?

Fearing safety is all fine and dandy, but face it, the safest car in the world will not protect you from the millions of "De De De's" out in this world. There isn't much difference on what you drive if you get hit by a non-English speaking and reading Mexican trucker.

Those are the guys you should fear.

Tom

Latest posts